• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today, II

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I have finally retired!
I'm still working 3 days a pay period prn, but my benefits kicked in.
Last few weeks I'd been training nurses to take over full time.
It's been both a joy and hell sometimes too.
😬😂
Today, Kasey moved to State College PA permanently to live so she can resume nursing for her RN in the fall.
Jeff drove a U-Haul while she followed him.
She hated driving on the turnpike, but they got off on an exit shortly after.
Last I spoke to them, they're going out for dinner, then he's going to his hotel so he can sleep.
She moved in with her friend Peyton.
Happy for ya, I still got another year and a half.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Kobe the 3 year old (part time) foster son day, as is every weekend. So home and doing stuff around the house with him. Lots of rain, and crappy smoke from Canada, and this is a child with lung issues, so we are mostly inside. Outside we go only right after the rain, largely because the air is cleaner after a heavy rain.

Staying out of the city of Chicago, despite the fact that our daughter is there and that this is a holiday extended weekend. She lives a block away from the big NASCAR street race, traffic is a bitch, just not going there!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I've been at camp since Wednesday. I rebuild part of the fence surrounding our deck. Yesterday was hot so I spent the afternoon towing the camp kids around on the tube behind the boat. I pulled the boat out of the water to bring back home for another adventure later this week hopefully on lake superior. I'm also getting a new dock slip next week and have to transfer over all my tie downs.
20230630_084806.jpg

my new dock slip will be nosed into shore on solid docks sitting on posts once the floating dock section I'm currently on is moved. My slip will be to the right of the dock at the bottom of the stairs. A bit longer dock on solid posts. The water drops off quickly and by the end of the new docks, it drops to 10 feet deep. Out at the end of the current floating docks, the water is 28ft deep.
20230630_083059.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Morning I got out and trimmed some trees and bushes before the weather got too hot.

RELAXING mostly during the daytime. 88 (F) degrees & sunny now.
Lounging in the pool (temp set to 93 degrees F)

Good homemade meal:
  • Mexican Street Corn
  • Smoked some BBQ Pork Ribs for 6 hours
  • Deviled Eggs
  • Baked Beans
  • Potato Salad

Going to eat in about an hour

Maybe getting back into the pool?

Waiting to drug the dog so the fireworks don't have him crap in the house.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Morning I got out and trimmed some trees and bushes before the weather got too hot.

RELAXING mostly during the daytime. 88 (F) degrees & sunny now.
Lounging in the pool (temp set to 93 degrees F)

Good homemade meal:
  • Mexican Street Corn
  • Smoked some BBQ Pork Ribs for 6 hours
  • Deviled Eggs
  • Baked Beans
  • Potato Salad

Going to eat in about an hour

Maybe getting back into the pool?

Waiting to drug the dog so the fireworks don't have him crap in the house.
My meal almost exactly. minus the last 3 items.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I spent the day out in the garage working on the car changing the front wheel bearings. I would still be out there cursing at it had it not been for about half a can of penetrating oil as it's a 24 year old Pontiac grand am. It went ok. Then I cleaned out the truck and loaded up the trailer for a dump run. Came home, cleaned up, BBQd steak for supper then parked my butt in my chair.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Drove our oldest daughter in to the city for summer school. Then over to mom's old place to hook up to her enclosed cargo trailer and move it over to the new place. She was technically living in one place and renting out the other place but had stuff spread between their 5 acre property and shop which just sold and a half duplex in the city where my aunt lived upstairs and mom downstairs. Mom did a house swap deal for the property and shop just to ditch it but now she and my aunt are moving into the house mom swapped. Most of the work is done but my part has been hauling a 6x12 enclosed trailer between the two places and making dump runs. Fun like diarrhea but necessary I guess. 🤣

After hauling the trailer over, I drove to the border to pick up a few packages. Normally the drive is 45 minutes each way but this time it was twice as long due to construction.

On my way back from the border, I finally took a detour in off the highway up a twisty hilly road up to cloud lake (I could understand why they called it that) to see the site where dad was killed in 2021. I had never been there as I couldn't bring myself to after he died.

Afterwards I drove home and went to work on the boat which we hauled home from camp giving it a good exterior mid summer cleaning and fixing a few snaps on the cover that were busted.
20230705_145936.jpg

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Just repaired the A/C unit at the house, its always the capacitor. I always have a spare waiting as I found that when they blow you can never get the right one quickly. Just ordered another spare for next time.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Spent a few hours working on the drywall mud in the kitchen and repairing a patch of drywall in the dining room that had previous water damage caused by ice damming in the winter time. I fixed the ice damming issue this spring. Now it's just fixing the damage.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm moving several big landscape boulders from the company property to finish my waterfall feature in the garden.
One weighs about 90 lbs. One weighs about 300 LBS and one weighs in over 500 Lbs.

I figure if 4-foot-high Egyptians could build the Pyramids, I can engineer a way to move these little rocks.
The first one I can pick up and place easy. The other two required a fork-lift to place them in my pickup bed. I'm using some skate conveyors to move them from the truck bed to their final resting place.

Afterwards, I'll count my fingers and toes. If I come up with 20 digits, I'll use them to open a beer.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm moving several big landscape boulders from the company property to finish my waterfall feature in the garden.
One weighs about 90 lbs. One weighs about 300 LBS and one weighs in over 500 Lbs.

I figure if 4-foot-high Egyptians could build the Pyramids, I can engineer a way to move these little rocks.
The first one I can pick up and place easy. The other two required a fork-lift to place them in my pickup bed. I'm using some skate conveyors to move them from the truck bed to their final resting place.

Afterwards, I'll count my fingers and toes. If I come up with 20 digits, I'll use them to open a beer.
From reading your posts you have moved plenty, one suggestion though if you haven't already thought of it is put a piece if plywood on the skate wheel conveyor and put the rock on the plywood.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Weather is heating up again tomorrow is 96 then101,108,109,104.98 then drops off a little. We will be starting earlier.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
From reading your posts you have moved plenty, one suggestion though if you haven't already thought of it is put a piece if plywood on the skate wheel conveyor and put the rock on the plywood.
I did that. Actually, I use a medium density flake board because once wet it would disintegrate.
But thanks for proving, once again, that we think alike.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Illinois Railway Museum with Thomas the Tank Engine . . . And his friend Percy the mail delivery engine. We got rides from both Thomas & Percy. And we went to lots of other railway exhibits. Oh, and we went to the gift shop and got (more) Thomas & Friends toys to add to our collection.

But I have to say, I was a bit disappointed in 2 things. 1, the longest line was for the inflatable slide and not for the train rides. And 2, they did not have any electric Thomas trains for sale. We have "G" scale (1 gauge) Christmas train cars and I was hoping to get something "Thomas" to add to our collection. Nada. Nothing. Zilch. Not even any O, HO or N gauge electric stuff either.

tempImageZ8qvBy.jpg
tempImagePv1Hu8.jpg

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Illinois Railway Museum with Thomas the Tank Engine . . . And his friend Percy the mail delivery engine. We got rides from both Thomas & Percy. And we went to lots of other railway exhibits. Oh, and we went to the gift shop and got (more) Thomas & Friends toys to add to our collection.

But I have to say, I was a bit disappointed in 2 things. 1, the longest line was for the inflatable slide and not for the train rides. And 2, they did not have any electric Thomas trains for sale. We have "G" scale (1 gauge) Christmas train cars and I was hoping to get something "Thomas" to add to our collection. Nada. Nothing. Zilch. Not even any O, HO or N gauge electric stuff either.

View attachment 166697View attachment 166698
you will be picking him up from school before you know it.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
still working almost everyday, its another hot one today, its noon and pushing 100. After lunch its paperwork and A/C

J.J. McDaniels

Waiting for the A/C maintenance man. The capacitor went down on Saturday and as of this writing, it's a toasty 87 inside. But at least I'll have two things down with more to go and a house I hope to own within the next few months.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Waiting for the A/C maintenance man. The capacitor went down on Saturday and as of this writing, it's a toasty 87 inside. But at least I'll have two things down with more to go and a house I hope to own within the next few months.
Buy an extra cap and replace it yourself next time.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Just did mine just a few days ago and like waybomb said get an extra one, you can find any of them on eBay around $20.00. when they go out and you don't have one, you experience what you are experiencing. I have had them go out in a couple years, the last one lasted about 5 years and had the same as a replacement and just bought two more.

J.J. McDaniels

Just did mine just a few days ago and like waybomb said get an extra one, you can find any of them on eBay around $20.00. when they go out and you don't have one, you experience what you are experiencing. I have had them go out in a couple years, the last one lasted about 5 years and had the same as a replacement and just bought two more.
Will do next time. But it's also in need of maintenance, and I'd rather not try to fix this myself.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Will do next time. But it's also in need of maintenance, and I'd rather not try to fix this myself.
Pretty simple fix, there is 3 poles with 3-4 wires that clip on. just make sure you kill the power and the capacitor could still have energy and shock you, so don't touch the poles on the capacitor. Very simple and 99.9% of all A/C failures.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Pretty simple fix, there is 3 poles with 3-4 wires that clip on. just make sure you kill the power and the capacitor could still have energy and shock you, so don't touch the poles on the capacitor. Very simple and 99.9% of all A/C failures.
With the electric off, simply take a screw driver and make connections to all the poles, two at a time. You may get a spark. But by doing this, you discharge any stored energy.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Wanna have some fun? By an old condenser for an old non-computerized ignition. Put the case and the lead to a 9v battery for a few seconds. Then just holding the case, not touching the wire, toss it to your best buddy.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Wanna have some fun? By an old condenser for an old non-computerized ignition. Put the case and the lead to a 9v battery for a few seconds. Then just holding the case, not touching the wire, toss it to your best buddy.
we used to do that in high school, then just leave them laying around and watch or listen.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Back to home renos today painting the ceiling in the kitchen as tomorrow morning the electrician is coming to run low voltage line for the under cabinet lighting in our kitchen. Then the cabinets are supposed to be coming either tomorrow or Thursday.