• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today, II

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't even KNOW where to begin with this.
So here goes.
As many of you know, I'm not fully retired yet, I still pick up prn shifts where I'm employed.
Two weeks ago, I did the night shift with one of my best loved nurses. He used to work for us through an agency. He started there as an aide, all the while going to school and working hard to achieve his RN.
I love this young man.
His home is Detroit. He would drive all that way consistently, day after day to be there during the pandemic and after.
He was hired full time as an in-house employee vs agency once he got his RN, fairly recently.
As happens, a few decided to delve deep into his past, I'm talking 10 years ago.
Come to find out..
He was born a girl, he's now a man, or has always looked like a man to me.
I never had any indication whatsoever about any of this.
I loved him as Shance (his name now).
He was humiliated and made to feel like he wasn't good enough to be with us any longer.
So he quit and is now searching for a job in nursing in the Toledo or Detroit area.
My heart is absolutely broken.
We lost a wonderful employee.
For no good reason.
I've since friended him on Facebook and have his phone number so I can stay in touch with him, and it's taught me a huge lesson about judging others.
🙁

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't even KNOW where to begin with this.
So here goes.
As many of you know, I'm not fully retired yet, I still pick up prn shifts where I'm employed.
Two weeks ago, I did the night shift with one of my best loved nurses. He used to work for us through an agency. He started there as an aide, all the while going to school and working hard to achieve his RN.
I love this young man.
His home is Detroit. He would drive all that way consistently, day after day to be there during the pandemic and after.
He was hired full time as an in-house employee vs agency once he got his RN, fairly recently.
As happens, a few decided to delve deep into his past, I'm talking 10 years ago.
Come to find out..
He was born a girl, he's now a man, or has always looked like a man to me.
I never had any indication whatsoever about any of this.
I loved him as Shance (his name now).
He was humiliated and made to feel like he wasn't good enough to be with us any longer.
So he quit and is now searching for a job in nursing in the Toledo or Detroit area.
My heart is absolutely broken.
We lost a wonderful employee.
For no good reason.
I've since friended him on Facebook and have his phone number so I can stay in touch with him, and it's taught me a huge lesson about judging others.
🙁
I have a former fencer who was a boy and is now a girl. I remain friends with her now that her transition is completed. I never liked I think it happened at too young an age, but I always considered the human person. Josh was a good kid when I knew him. Amber is still a good kid to me, although now clearly well into adulthood. Is he/she a good person, that is the real question. I just don't give a damn about the other stuff.

Now that said I do opposed male transitioning to females in high school, college and professional athletics.

I suppose if the male transitioned BEFORE puberty I would not have much argument to make because PRE-Puberty transitions would not allow the male muscle and bone mass to develop, which is the crux of my physiological argument. But if someone transitions PRE-Puberty I also believe that the parents should be arrested for child abuse and the doctor who performs such surgery at such a young age should be subject to medical malpractice and child mutilation.

- - - - - -

FWIW, my day today included helping the lovely Mrs_Bob pack up and depart. She is staying at Melen's condo in Chicago and pup-sitting Nelson the Corgi for a few days while Melen is out of town attending a wedding of her friend.

I sat around and drank coffee, then drove to the fencing club and installed a new electrical run around a corner and to a work station. I don't know how to bend conduit but I used a conduit corner to solve the problem. Installed a double duplex box complete with Type A and Type C USB ports. Of course it couldn't be easy, I had to drill into a poured concrete wall to install the anchors for the conduit. We had been using power strips in a "daisy chain" configuration but honestly the thoughts of a fire have bothered me for a long time, finally got up the energy to do the job right. I didn't have any wire, but I did have some ROMEX from a prior project, its a pain, but I pulled it through the conduit, around the corner and to the location of the new box.

Didn't bother to disconnect the original outlets from power at the fuse box. Just wired the new stuff up, then connected the new stuff to the "hot" circuit. I've done that before. I don't recommend it to others. But if nobody is looking, and it's a simple circuit I don't mind. Especially if the fuse box is far away from the work location.

I'm now sore. Working at the fencing club often does that, we keep it very cool there and that affects me. 2.5 hours after going to do the work I left, went to Culvers, ordered too much food and then drove home. 3 Advil and some water and now I'm sitting in a lounge chair.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't give a damn now about the other stuff either.
She/He transitioned well into his early 30s.
His Grandmother raised him well and kept him off the streets and out of the hood.
He is supported by those who love him, although some don't understand.
I get it now.
I'll be there for him always.