What are you doing today, 2021 edition

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Farmers in my area are not planting either.

Had my broken root canal dug out yesterday.

Took a pain pill and taught an advanced beginner saber class with a partially numb face. I did warn the class that if blood runs down my face I probably won’t feel it so I asked them to let me know if they saw it.

Class went off fine. I’m mildly sore this morning. No pain pills test today. None at bedtime either.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I packed up some odds and ends and headed to camp to open up and fill the water. I got here and heard a beer calling my name. Lmao. It's still a little chilly with the wind coming off the lake as the ice is still working on going out.

pirate_girl

Infirmière essentielle
GOLD Site Supporter
Today is my Granddaughter Kasey's 19th birthday, but we're celebrating tomorrow afternoon because she's working tonight at her new job at Planet Fitness (she has a free membership for working there too!)
Next year we're looking forward to her being on the fire squad/ rescue for Defiance County.😊
I'm so proud of this kid I could bust.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I am waiting to plant corn.
Soil temps at the surface are colder that at 4-5" depth.
Corn seeds need it to be warmer above them to grow towards the sun. If it is warmer below, they grow down toward the most warmth.
Then they die.

Amazing what you learn on here. It's not all bombast and bullshit.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to camp yesterday and got a bunch of work done. Came home at first light this morning. Got a call from a camp friend asking me to haul their camper back out for them as it was in for work this winter. So I headed back out around 4 after going to get their camper. Got to camp around 5. Backed the trailer into their site and unhooked it. Back home at 8. Time for a beer or 3 and a hot tub.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent most of the day babysitting. Also smoked some ribs and Burnt Ends in the smoker. Baked some sweet pepper & onion cornbread to go with the ribs.

pirate_girl

Infirmière essentielle
GOLD Site Supporter
It's a lovely day for a walk.
First I went to Oakwood park, then cut back and walked around Bauman Place.

☀️😊

20210419_112734.jpg
20210419_113309.jpg
20210419_113304.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Nice. Our grass WAS starting to turn green. Now we have a foot of snow.

I'm a hurting unit today. These damp cold weather changes knock me on my a$$. We were supposed to be getting a used piano delivered today but the delivery guys called to say they were stuck on the road going in to where they were picking it up from. Meanwhile, I dragged my crippled butt outside to the plow truck down by the garage to clear a path for them when they got here only to find the battery dead. I had a new battery sitting in the garage for the boat so used it and a set of heavy duty cables to boost the plow truck.

I was just about done when my wife informed me that they aren't coming today. So, I hobbled back to the house where I discovered the satellite TV is out due to snow build up on the dish outside. Back outside I went for a ladder and broom to sweep it off.

The kids are still home from school for the next few weeks doing the online learning thing. That was a challenge getting them connected this morning as rogers wireless network is down across the whole country. Yes, it's one of those days here in the sticks of northwestern Ontario.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I suggested a way to get money from the Veteran's Administration to house homeless Veterans and then I presented it to the city council yesterday evening. Today I followed up with the city manager, who I've been working with and he said the council liked my idea. (YAY) Another meeting set up and I will be compiling more information and ideas.

pirate_girl

Infirmière essentielle
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been chilling out most days, walking, visiting the family, enjoying not being at work so much, but missing it all the same.
I go back this weekend for my prn shifts.
Also, me and what's his name have called it a day.
Remember when I said don't ever get clingy or controlling?
Yup.
It was amicable.
I'm not exactly shedding tears.
Some things just run their course and were good while they lasted.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear that Lollie.

Picked up a deal on a wrapper today. I have to go to Walnutport PA. Plan to go next week. 14 hour drive from St Louis.

$5K on a machine worth four times that much. I was selling one of mine to a client but didn't really want to let it go. This one fits him better and I get to keep my full stable of BRONCO's. DOBOY Broncos are like Edsels. Few if anybody likes them but me. I pick them up for $2K and build them to compete with $40K machines. I was part of the development team but they only sold 26 of them. Good mid range machines. Originally priced at about $25 to $30K We own three in house and I support some for other customers.

There is no factory support. The machine I bought today however, has factory support which for my client, is a better deal.

And it was half what I was asking for mine. So, I'll make a little more margin and the client gets a better machine for less capital expense. The client makes 3D glasses for theaters and we used to package them by the millions. Now he does novelties like magic decoder toys and special throwaway glasses for solar eclipse viewing.
Not enough volume to contract us so,,,; Currently bagging them by hand. Tedious.

I've convinced him to go modern and package in house.

pirate_girl

Infirmière essentielle
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, today we have a staff recognition thing at work at 1pm. Hmmm
Cannot wait to see what that's all about.
Hopefully our corporate master will be there thanking us endlessly for all our work during our covid crisis.
😏
The snow has all melted off, so I'm going to walk again at some point.
I'm making a rather large chuck roast for dinner in the slow cooker, so I don't have to mess around with being creative.
Dat's it.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's going to be a balmy 15 Celsius today which will make things nice and sloppy outside with 6" of fresh snow left from the storm the other day.

We took delivery of a used piano today. It was free but we paid a moving company to deliver it.

I installed some hooks on the gazebo over the hot tub to hang towels.

Nothing much on the agenda as my back is shouting a big FU to anything strenuous today.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It's going to be a balmy 15 Celsius today which will make things nice and sloppy outside with 6" of fresh snow left from the storm the other day.

We took delivery of a used piano today. It was free but we paid a moving company to deliver it.

I installed some hooks on the gazebo over the hot tub to hang towels.

Nothing much on the agenda as my back is shouting a big FU to anything strenuous today.
What style and brand piano?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Cleaned the '95 Dodge one ton today. Hosed out the vinyl insert and the bed of rock dust. Limestone dust is worse than salt on corrosion. I'm hauling a lot of it lately.

The Dodge one ton is my best wheel barrow ever. Last two week ends I hauled 8 tons of 3" gravel. The road to my Ozark place is treacherous enough but the county has stopped maintaining it. So we have commandeered the power utility service road as our new driveway. Originally just a dozer cleared path full of water holes and ruts, we are filling the soft spots with big rock and later I'll lay 1" clean on top.

This week end should be the end of the sub surface work except for some culverts I'll do later when the 310 GD backhoe is down there.

This new drive traverses a 40 Acre section and then joins my old road for another 1/4 mile. That's a lot of shovel work buy hand so I cannot wait to get the JD down there. But we needed to shore up the sub road so we can get in there rain or shine.

This coming weekend I will be laying down two or three tons of 1"claen to restore the driveway and parking areas around the house and out buildings. I have a truck bed unloading system ordered but I doubt I will get it for this weekend. So once again, unloading one shovel at a time.

The wife helps and frankly throws two shovels for one of mine. Amazing woman and cute too!