• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What app/site do you use for tracking flights

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just wondering if there's something out there that's better than FlightAware.com
I use flightaware.com frequently. The amount of detail available is amazing.
Mrs. Zoom is flying today so I'm tracking her flight. Around time of take-off, I could zoom in to see where the plane is on the runway then after takeoff, you can see down to the street level of what it's flying over in realtime.
If you don't specify a flight number, it's show you all the planes (I don't think little puddle jumpers flying under 10K feet are there) that are in flight across the entire world.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Better? Flight Aware sounds pretty amazing. I'll have to check it out.
I've never used any software to track flights.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

ADS-B Exchange. Not so good at tracking specific flights but it does show aircraft that the others block.
Yea, it's a little hard to track a specific flight. It "seems" like it's only looking in the map area you're currently viewing. If I zoom out far enough (like the entire country), it'll find the flight.

They're pretty accurate though. I can zoom in to my neighborhood/house and see them on my screen and at the same time, hear them overhead. They do list all aircraft, including the small planes flying low.

PGBC

Many pilots request that their plane not show up on their website, so there are more actually flying around than are shown.