• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Unruly airline passenger problems skyrocket

CrakHoBarbie

The instance of unruly airline passengers is skyrocketing recently with the instances going from the typical 150 instances to 1300 instances already this year. The behavior in question includes passengers refusing to wear masks, drinking excessively and engaging in alleged physical or verbal assault, including what the agency describes as political intimidation and harassment of lawmakers. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ook&utm_medium=news_tab&utm_content=algorithm

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Air travel has replaced Greyhound bus travel as the worst way to travel. I'd typically rather drive my car than put up with the crap I see on airplanes. People are disgusting, rude and have a false sense of self-entitlement.

CrakHoBarbie

Well, you can generalize this and attribute it to simply rude, disgusting and entitled Troglodytes. But, when examined in the cold, hard light of day, you will notice this rise has been fueled by angry anti-maskers. Which makes it POLITICAL, as anti-maskers are predominantly Republicans.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Lots of the population are rude, frustrated and basically angry since covid.
Put them in an enclosed area, and yes!
It's going to become political.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, you can generalize this and attribute it to simply rude, disgusting and entitled Troglodytes. But, when examined in the cold, hard light of day, you will notice this rise has been fueled by angry anti-maskers. Which makes it POLITICAL, as anti-maskers are predominantly Republicans.
This has been going on for 10+ years, way longer than Covid. Only the simpleminded would call it political. There is a great website called Passenger Shaming that has been calling out the growing problem for many years. Their Instagram account is classic!

CrakHoBarbie

This has been going on for 10+ years, way longer than Covid. Only the simpleminded would call it political. There is a great website called Passenger Shaming that has been calling out the growing problem for many years. Their Instagram account is classic!
Ummmm.... I don't want to be rude. But you appear to be intentionally ignoring that there's been a dramatic uptick in instances since the beginning of this year. And that uptick has been attributed to mostly angry anti-maskers, who are inherently Republicans. Perhaps you'd be better served to read the citations before posting.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
No I’m not intentionally ignoring it. I’m pointing out it’s been a rapidly growing problem. This year, with the pandemic, may have opened the floodgates, but the problem was already here.

CrakHoBarbie

No I’m not intentionally ignoring it. I’m pointing out it’s been a rapidly growing problem. This year, with the pandemic, may have opened the floodgates, but the problem was already here.
Oh no... You said, and I quote:"Only the simpleminded would call it political"... You even removed this thread from the "political" forum section. Yet it is clearly politically motivated and the increase driven by angry Republican anti-maskers. Now, I understand..... That's probably a fact your not comfortable admitting. But it is the REALITY of the situation. Whether you choose to admit it or not.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think you are the only one making it political.

The trend had already started.

CrakHoBarbie

I think you are the only one making it political.

The trend had already started.
Wrong again. May I remind you AGAIN: you appear to be intentionally ignoring that there's been a dramatic uptick in instances since the beginning of this year. And that uptick has been attributed to mostly angry anti-maskers, who are inherently Republicans.