• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tesla

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
From everything I can tell, TESLA makes its money, largely due to the manipulation of the tax code. I don't have a problem with that. The company is following the law and selling carbon credits.

But the auto manufacturing is not looking to be the profit center, the real profit center is a gub-mint created tax "loophole" that is not only perfectly legal, it is exploitable for a profit.
I worked a startup of a printing company that bought and sold fume credits it was the savior we made a profit 2nd year from starting up because the engineer and bean counter stayed ahead of the EPA credits we set the standard for 99.9 destruction efficiency with 100% capture of our fumes. This gave us more time ramping up the machinery at a reasonable pace to make a profit on our products.

Drifli

If word gets out about this it might give a bump to tesla stock. LOL
truly amazing. Some lucky people.

How did ANYONE survive this? Family-of-four plunged 250-feet off California's 'Devil's Slide' cliff in their Tesla - with the two kids walking away without a scratch and their parents suffering non-life-threatening injury​

• A family of four were rushed to the hospital after the Tesla they were driving in plunged 250-feet down the Devil's Slide cliff
  • Photos show the sedan overturned in a mangled mess
  • Miraculously all four occupants survived the devastating fall
  • The parents suffered only non-life-threatening injuries and the children were unharmed
By MELISSA KOENIG FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 11:12 EST, 3 January 2023 | UPDATED: 14:05 EST, 3 January 2023
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...unges-250-feet-California-cliff.html#comments

A family of four were miraculously found alive on Monday after the Tesla they were driving in plunged 250-feet down California's dangerous Devil's Slide cliff.
Photos and video from the scene show the sedan completely overturned in a mangled mess as it came to a rest on a pile of rocks just feet from the Pacific Ocean.
Miraculously, however, all four occupants – a man, his wife and their 4-year-old daughter and 9-year-old son — survived the devastating fall and were rushed to a local hospital in the aftermath, KTVU reports.

At first authorities said the parents were in critical condition, but the San Mateo Sheriff's Office later announced that they suffered only non-life-threatening injuries and the children were unharmed.
A driver careened off a dangerous California highway on Monday and plummeted 250 feet down a cliff

A driver careened off a dangerous California highway on Monday and plummeted 250 feet down a cliff
There is no indication the car was in self-driving mode when it veered off the road

There is no indication the car was in self-driving mode when it veered off the road
The Tesla the man was driving in with his wife and kids was a mangled mess in the aftermath, as it landed just feet from the Pacific Ocean

The Tesla the man was driving in with his wife and kids was a mangled mess in the aftermath, as it landed just feet from the Pacific Ocean
CHP rescue four people after Tesla plunged off a cliff

Authorities said they first received a call about a Tesla careening off California's scenic Highway 1 near Pacifica, and tumbling down the cliff south of the Tom Lantos Tunnel at around 10.50am on Monday.
Robin Johnson was driving by at the time and recalled thinking: 'Wow, he's driving extremely fast to take that exit. You're not even supposed to be going up that way.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...14-years-day-trading.html?ico=related-replace
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ngress-shut-2-months.html?ico=related-replace
'And I can see in my rear-view mirror this car just go over the edge and straight down,' she told NBC Bay Area.
Johnson said that is when she decided to call 911.
About 30 to 50 rescuers immediately responded to the scene and tried to reach the electric vehicle, which was estimated to be about 250-feet below the highway.
About 30 to 50 rescuers immediately responded to the scene and tried to reach the vehicle

About 30 to 50 rescuers immediately responded to the scene and tried to reach the vehicle
Rescue teams used ropes to rappel down the slope carrying Jaws of Life with them to breach the door, the San Francisco Chronicle reports.
They were not expecting to find anyone alive inside the vehicle, and were surprised when they found all four people alive and conscious inside.
At that point, the crews worked to the children from the car first, KTVU reports, and were able to hoist them up to the road with ropes. Once back on land, they were put on stretchers and assessed for any injuries.
But authorities still had to rescue the parents — and needed air support to do so.
They pulled out ropes to rappel down the side of the dangerous cliff and rescue the two children stuck inside

They pulled out ropes to rappel down the side of the dangerous cliff and rescue the two children stuck inside
Crews were able to hoist the children, ages 4 and 9, up to the road with the ropes

Crews were able to hoist the children, ages 4 and 9, up to the road with the ropes
The helicopter pilots were careful to maintain a safe distance from each other and the rocky cliffside

The helicopter pilots were careful to maintain a safe distance from each other and the rocky cliffside
Dramatic videos posted online by CalFire showed choppers hovering over the water to pick up the adults and bring them to a landing area where first responders were waiting for them.
The helicopter pilots were careful to maintain a safe distance from each other and the rocky cliffside as they dug through the wreckage to rescue the parents.
Once they were freed, the entire family was promptly transported to Stanford Medical Center.
'We came out here, unfortunately for things like this,' Brian Pottenger, a battalion chief with Coastside Fire Protection District said in a statement. 'And it was nothing short of a miracle that they survived.'
It remains unclear what caused the driver to veer off the road.
There is no indication the car was in self-driving mode at the time.
First responders waited at a landing site for the helicopter to rescue the parents

First responders waited at a landing site for the helicopter to rescue the parents
Dramatic videos posted online by CalFire showed choppers hovering over the water as they worked to reach the children's parents's parents

Dramatic videos posted online by CalFire showed choppers hovering over the water as they worked to reach the children's parents
Helicopter pilots dug through the wreckage to pull the parents to safety and bring them to a landing area where first responders were waiting for them

Helicopter pilots dug through the wreckage to pull the parents to safety and bring them to a landing area where first responders were waiting for them
The cliff has been the site of several fatalities over the past five decades.
In an effort to make the area safer a tunnel was built to bypass the most dangerous stretch of the road, according to the San Francisco Chronicle, but at least nine people have died since.
The dangerous stretch now has an accident rate more than 50 percent higher than the statewide average for similar highways.
Driver was charged today for purposely driving off the cliff.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welp hearing they were already having issues with the Tesla semi,, appears we have one on the hook already.
Biden and Obama Democrats weaponized our Government agencies long ago. Where have you been these past years?
This is part and parcel of the Democrat bog tech and the MSM media machine coming after Elon and Tesla to demonize and discredit all he touches.
Just part of the leftist play book, Kill it before it grows. Except in Tesla's case that isn't going to happen. First new car manufacturer
in 6 decades. But alas he is NOT a Democrat. :lmao:

Your so baked with the propaganda your over done!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Do you actually believe the craziness you spill all over the web ? Seriously…I’ve seen some strange folks on websites but you might take the cake. I’m thinking a few 3 letter agencies follow your ip.
Well, they are into political activism lately. :wink:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I seem to recall at one time, Elon Musk was a hero on the left because his Tesla company was bringing EV's into reality for Americans. In southern California, one cannot swing a dead cat without hitting one.

Then, he bought Twitter.

Drifli

I seem to recall at one time, Elon Musk was a hero on the left because his Tesla company was bringing EV's into reality for Americans. In southern California, one cannot swing a dead cat without hitting one.

Then, he bought Twitter.
What does left or right have to do with Tsla stock ?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
absolutely, just point it out and then show it’s fiscal impact.
Why?
You are the one projecting and putting up the strawman.

For therecord, Tesla is the only carmaker today who's company is exponentially expanding sales. All of the others foreign and domestic, are seeing a decline in sales. In that environment, the Stock price decline is an anomaly.
Said another way, I simply pointed out that Elon Musk was actually producing EV's successfully. Making the Greenies happy. Then he bought Twitter. Now not so much.
Perhaps the timing was just a coincidence. IMHO it was not.

Last edited:

Drifli

Why?
You are the one projecting and putting up the strawman.

For therecord, Tesla is the only carmaker today who's company is exponentially expanding sales. All of the others foreign and domestic, are seeing a decline in sales. In that environment, the Stock price decline is an anomaly.
Said another way, I simply pointed out that Elon Musk was actually producing EV's successfully. Making the Greenies happy. Then he bought Twitter. Now not so much.
Perhaps the timing was just a coincidence. IMHO it was not.
Ford, Toyota, Porsche and Audi are all expanding sales. Tesla, as maybe you heard is actually cutting prices to drum up sales, today they cut another 15% on top of last months 15% to try and drum up sales in China. Tesla at 25$ would still be double the market cap of every auto maker but 1. I was wrong when I said they needed to fall to 20$, it’s more like 4$ a share would put it inline with legacy auto makers.

Last edited:

Drifli

Biden and Obama Democrats weaponized our Government agencies long ago. Where have you been these past years?
This is part and parcel of the Democrat bog tech and the MSM media machine coming after Elon and Tesla to demonize and discredit all he touches.
Just part of the leftist play book, Kill it before it grows. Except in Tesla's case that isn't going to happen. First new car manufacturer
in 6 decades. But alas he is NOT a Democrat. :lmao:

Your so baked with the propaganda your over done!
There are multiple new car makers. Riven , Faraday, techhrules , Lyons, Elio , W motors, ghiath, Devel, and the one that leads the world in self driving with the only fully autonomous car….Waymo. There are so many new vehicle manufacturers I’d be here all day listing them.

Drifli

Ps that’s my last post onTesla, if the price somehow goes back up then I’ll take a position short and you’ll can bash me for being on the wrong side… Cheers and good luck with it for now.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Ford, Toyota, Porsche and Audi are all expanding sales. Tesla, as maybe you heard is actually cutting prices to drum up sales, today they cut another 15% on top of last months 15% to try and drum up sales in China. Tesla at 25$ would still be double the market cap of every auto maker but 1. I was wrong when I said they needed to fall to 20$, it’s more like 4$ a share would put it inline with legacy auto makers.
Musk is doing what he promised. Getting the cost of his product down so the average person can afford one.

He promised a $32,000 sticker price.
You have a problem with people who work to keep their promises?

BTW, Toyota reported anunnal sales depressed in 2022.
PLANO, Texas, Jan. 4, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Toyota Motor North America (TMNA) today reported year-end 2022 U.S. sales of 2,108,458 vehicles, a decrease of 9.6 percent on a volume basis and a decrease of 9.9 percent on a daily selling rate (DSR) basis compared to 2021.

The company reported U.S. fourth quarter 2021- sales of 536,740 vehicles, an increase of 13.1 percent on a volume basis and DSR basis compared to the fourth quarter of 2021. U.S. December 2022 sales totaled 180,147 vehicles, an increase of 3.5 percent on a volume basis and DSR basis compared to December 2021.

Porshe also
  • Including results for Porsche sales decline.
    Do you want results only for Porshe sales decline?
  • 5 percent
    • According to 2 sources

Porsche ’s first-quarter sales declined by 5 percent as the company struggled with the resurgence of the COVID-19 pandemic in certain parts of the world and persistent supply chain issues.
    • Porsche Sales Decline in Fir…
      theepochtimes.com
      Porsche delivers 68,426 vehicles in the first quarter In the first quarter of 2022, Porsche delivered 68,426 units to customers worldwide. This represents a decline of 5 percent compared to the previous year.

newsroom.porsche.com
One quarter expansion doesn't count against 4 years.

Nice to hear you trade stock on such info.

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
There are multiple new car makers. Riven , Faraday, techhrules , Lyons, Elio , W motors, ghiath, Devel, and the one that leads the world in self driving with the only fully autonomous car….Waymo. There are so many new vehicle manufacturers I’d be here all day listing them.
Startups hardly count against sustained proven growth.
Best EV out there only has one car on the road, Lightyear ONE. Hybrid plug in /Solar powered, carbon fiber body and chassis. When they sell 20 units, their growth rate will dwarf that of Tesla.

At $265,000 apiece it might take a while, but you should perhaps put your money up and buy short there!

BTW autonomous and EV are two different goals. IC engines can and will power autonomous cars, assuming they are ever allowed on the market. Current production Tesla models are already pre-wired for the un proven technology.

Last edited:

Drifli

Musk is doing what he promised. Getting the cost of his product down so the average person can afford one.

He promised a $32,000 sticker price.
You have a problem with people who work to keep their promises?

BTW, Toyota reported anunnal sales depressed in 2022.
PLANO, Texas, Jan. 4, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Toyota Motor North America (TMNA) today reported year-end 2022 U.S. sales of 2,108,458 vehicles, a decrease of 9.6 percent on a volume basis and a decrease of 9.9 percent on a daily selling rate (DSR) basis compared to 2021.

The company reported U.S. fourth quarter 2021- sales of 536,740 vehicles, an increase of 13.1 percent on a volume basis and DSR basis compared to the fourth quarter of 2021. U.S. December 2022 sales totaled 180,147 vehicles, an increase of 3.5 percent on a volume basis and DSR basis compared to December 2021.

Porshe also
  • Including results for Porsche sales decline.
    Do you want results only for Porshe sales decline?
  • 5 percent
    • According to 2 sources

Porsche ’s first-quarter sales declined by 5 percent as the company struggled with the resurgence of the COVID-19 pandemic in certain parts of the world and persistent supply chain issues.
    • Porsche Sales Decline in Fir…
      theepochtimes.com
      Porsche delivers 68,426 vehicles in the first quarter In the first quarter of 2022, Porsche delivered 68,426 units to customers worldwide. This represents a decline of 5 percent compared to the previous year.

newsroom.porsche.com
One quarter expansion doesn't count against 4 years.

Nice to hear you trade stock on such info.
Are we not talking EV sales ? All legacy auto makers will be declining when you count ice sales, this is obvious since they are focusing on meeting the government mandates. Try buying a Ford lighting…or A Porsche EV… sold out for a few years.

The reason Tesla has lowered the price twice is because BYD in China is eating them for lunch,,,,,this has absolutely nothing to do with him keeping a promise. Jan 26 you should listen in to the conference call, it’s usually a sh…t show since Elon struggles with finance but should be a good laugh.

My style of investing is fading companies where the stock is the product. Tesla has been very lucrative for short sellers. Any time a stock dislocates from fundamentals like TSLA, GME, BBBY and AMC just to name a few. I love that Bill gates is holding a large short against Tesla, makes me happy even computer nerds know what’s inevitable.

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Are we not talking EV sales ? All legacy auto makers will be declining when you count ice sales, this is obvious since they are focusing on meeting the government mandates. Try buying a Ford lighting…or A Porsche EV… sold out for a few years.

The reason Tesla has lowered the price twice is because BYD in China is eating them for lunch.

My style of investing is fading companies where the stock is the product. Tesla has been very lucrative for short sellers. Any time a stock dislocates from fundamentals like TSLA, GME, BBY and AMC just to name a few.
Fine, but talk truth.
As I just displayed here, half your posts are BS.

My brother in Plano TX is an IT contractor for Tesla and Toyota. Once lived in my basement with his family. Now he has a boat bigger than my house. He relates why and how these certain companies do well.
So, despite being 14 years younger than me, I listen to him.

He scolded me for years because I looked at Tesla as you do. I missed buying at $100 or so. He bought a bundle of it. To humor him I finally bought five shares just under $200. Rewarded later when it split.

Now I'm invested further. And buying more.
I'm a production process engineer. I don't watch stocks; I watch companies and how they produce products and services.
Lessons learned from my little brother.

The crap you are spilling about how Tesla makes money ain't true.

We are done here.

Last edited:

Drifli

Fine, but talk truth.
As I just displayed here, half your posts are BS.

My brother in Plano TX is an IT contractor for Tesla and Toyota. Once lived in my basement with his family. Now he has a boat bigger than my house. He relates why and how these certain companies do well.
So, despite being 14 years younger than me, I listen to him.

He scolded me for years because I looked at Tesla as you do. I missed buying at $100 or so. He bought a bundle of it. To humor him I finally bought five shares just under $200. Rewarded later when it split.

Now I'm invested further. And buying more.
I'm a production process engineer. I don't watch stocks; I watch companies and how they produce products and services.
Lessons learned from my little brother.

The crap you are spilling about how Tesla makes money ain't true.

We are done here.
Just remember Enron still had a buy rating from the majority of sell side analysts the day it‘s doors closed and they actually did make money, although it was a little shady.

Drifli

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Super Shady Short Sellers "Selling" Tesla Stock - CLIP #TSLA

8:22 min.

Farzad Mesbahi
Farzad Mesbahi
38.3K subscriber
========================================================================
Just like the criminality of Sam Bankman Fried, this is criminal as well and like SBF may go unpunished.
Elon has a Democratic party target on his back for exposing them. Now, the Feds will do nothing as Tesla investors
watch the stock value fall.

And this is America today. Crimes without punishment, if you're a Democrat. This is exactly a political mess. Politics ruin everything.

Drifli

Super Shady Short Sellers "Selling" Tesla Stock - CLIP #TSLA

8:22 min.

Farzad Mesbahi
Farzad Mesbahi
38.3K subscriber
========================================================================
Just like the criminality of Sam Bankman Fried, this is criminal as well and like SBF may go unpunished.
Elon has a Democratic party target on his back for exposing them. Now, the Feds will do nothing as Tesla investors
watch the stock value fall.

And this is America today. Crimes without punishment, if you're a Democrat. This is exactly a political mess. Politics ruin everything.
Holllly heeeellll where do you find nut cases like these fellas. I’ve seen some folks try and explain how the markets work but this fella needs to lay off the crack pipe and take a basic investing college course. Citadel is one of the largest market makers, they don’t make money shorting, or going long, they make money off of fee’s. When someone buys a put from citadel they will buy 100 shares long of said company to offset the risk, if someone buys a call they have to short the underlying to offset their book….Short, or Long you don’t pay taxes till you cover or sell. How will AG companies offset risk if they no longer can short markets ? How bout Chevron ? Exon ? …. These YouTube fellas spread crazy conspiracy sh..t like this and get the unknowing to spread it into forums like you did.

Drifli

Say Exon wants to sell oil, they need to short the oil market X amount of oil contracts, Now if Exon wants to buy oil off the same market they need to buy, it’s really that simple. There would be no markets without the ability to short, unfortunately there will always be folks who don’t understand basic market dynamics and they post crazy conspiracy theory stuff like the nonsense those YouTube idiots are spreading.

Status
Not open for further replies.