Suzuki mini truck on tracks

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Ahh damn, that the worst of it?

Im going up there tomorrow, they are now letting people in, the picture was taken by a logger friend that was working there and was able to get in. Lost 3 out buildings, the Suzuki and I don't know about my water tank. But thankfully the cabin survived.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Not a good idea to leave you're toys on the mountain. 1- slightly used Suzuki on tracks for sale. Any offers:shitHitFan:

Ahh man. So sad. Sorry to see these pics. You worked so hard to build that up into an awesome tracked machine. Damn. Any chance you had insurance on it? Or if you have it on the cabin sometimes it covers equipment used there also ...at least my homeowners does.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Ahh man. So sad. Sorry to see these pics. You worked so hard to build that up into an awesome tracked machine. Damn. Any chance you had insurance on it? Or if you have it on the cabin sometimes it covers equipment used there also ...at least my homeowners does.

Thanks for the words, The place is off grid so no homeowners. I checked into it and unless everything was permitted when built, has utilities from the providers the insurance company's won't touch it, especially in a fire zone and the mini truck is off road to. At least I still have the Tracked mini mini Van to get up there in. It is what it is and I wasn't the first or will be the last to get burned up there, Last I looked it was only 3% contained. It took out 8 homes that I know of within a 10 miles. of the cabin. The fire started 30 miles away but they let it rip because of equipment shortages and just concentrated on protecting the towns. The guy that took the pictures for me had logging equipment up there to. He said it all got some damage but was able to drive them out.

country_boy

dang that is a terrible what a bummer. sorry to hear that our place is up north of sacramento about 75 miles in amador county

KickerM

Site Supporter
Ouch! Sorry to see that! I’ve got a few friends that are out on the Colorado wildfires and it is devastating; so sad to see all people’s stuff and the timber be lost

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
The Elevation is around 8000' and yes we average around 16-18 feet

My place is around 6000' 2018/19 cold lots of snow 20' drifts.
2019/20. warmer winter snowed plenty then melted off the first 2 miles of the 5 miles up the forest road.
this year we will see.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
R.I.P. little buddy

Attachments

• IMG_0801.jpg
    IMG_0801.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    436.7 KB · Views: 56

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I’m sorry Marty.

I read the El Dorado fire was started by fireworks at a gender-reveal party.

Over 7,000 acres. :angry:

Thanks for the words, the good news is it can't burn up there again for many years. I read yesterday that it was 100 year old growth up there, not many of the big trees burned and by next spring will be green again. I started installing the tracks on the mini mini van today. I am headed up there Wednesday to install the solar container. Then start cleaning up and re doing the water system.