• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SOS / aka Creamed Chip Beef on Toast

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
SOS-chipBeef.jpg

SOS (aka Creamed Chip Beef On Toast)

Ingredients​

5 tbsp of butter
3 tbsp bacon grease
1/3 cup of all purpose flour
3 cups of warm milk
2 tsp pepper (more of desired)
8 ozs Buddig sliced beef or dried beef (I did both, 4ozs of each, I like the saltiness of the dried beef)

Instructions:​

In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter and bacon grease. Whisk in flour all at once to form a roux. Whisk in milk, a little at a time, increase heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring, until thickened. Add pepper. Bring to a boil and stir in beef.
Serve over artisan bread or Texas toast, toasted.

found on FB linked to this: https://cook.recipesmomy.com/creamed-chipped-beef-on-toast/

Ross 650

Site Supporter
I never had it at home but many times in boot camp. It really makes a great breakfast.

Reactions: Doc

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Never been in the military but I've eaten SOS.

My late father-in-law was one of those strange people who like to get up at 4 o'clock in the morning. On the other hand, he was always in bed before 9pm. One of the benefits of his early rising was that he cooked breakfast for everyone when they got up. Chipped beef/SOS was one of his favorite things to cook.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My wife and I love creamed dried beef too when my wife makes it the kids know to look in the frig for leftovers because they don't like it.
I'm lactose intolerant to some extent but this doesn't bother me.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Bczoom, when I worked for a living I used to get up around 4 or 4:30 in the morning so I could either enter my morning report in the computer before 6 am or be in the office at 6am to collect the morning reports coming in.

Once I retired, it didn't take long to break that habit. :giggle::giggle::giggle:

Reactions: Doc