• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Social Security or Greedy Senior Citizens

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I DON'T THINK PISSED REALLY COVERS IT ! ! !
Alan Simpson, the Senator from Wyoming calls senior citizens the Greediest Generation as he compared "Social Security " to a Milk Cow with 310 million teats. Here's a response in a letter from PATTY MYERS in Montana ... I think she is a little ticked off! She also tells it like it is!
"Hey Alan, let's get a few things straight!!!
1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole (tit) for FIFTY YEARS.
2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).
3. My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would make Bernie Madoff proud.
4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and "your ilk" pulled the proverbial football away from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age, 67. NOW, you and your "shill commission" are proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN.
5. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying into Medicare from Day One, and now "you morons" propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because "you idiots" mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal our money from Medicare to pay the bills.
6. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you "incompetent bxxxxds" spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more to pay off YOUR debt.
To add insult to injury, you label us "greedy" for calling "bxxxxxxt" to your incompetence.
Well, Captain Bxxxxxxit, I have a few questions for YOU:
1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?
2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the American taxpayers?
3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?
4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and healthcare benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political cronies?
It is you, Captain Bxxxxxxt, and your political co-conspirators called Congress who are the "greedy" ones. It is you and your fellow nutcase thieves who have bankrupted America and stolen the American dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers.
And for what? Votes and your job and retirement security at our expense, you lunk-headed, leech.
That's right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted America for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic, political careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it.
And you can take that to the bank, you miserable son of a bxxxxx.
P.S. And stop calling Social Security benefits "entitlements". WHAT AN INSULT!!!!
I have been paying in to the SS system for 45 years “It's my money”-give it back to me the way the system was designed and stop patting yourself on the back like you are being generous by doling out these monthly checks .
EVERYONE!! If you agree with what a Montana citizen, Patty Myers, says, please PASS IT ON!!!!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
A woman dies at age 65 before collecting one benefit check. She and her employer paid into the system for almost 50 years and she collected NOTHING. Keep in mind all the working people that die every year who were paying into the system and got nothing.
And these governmental morons mismanaged the money and stole from the system, so that it's now going broke.
BEAUTIFUL! And they have the audacity to call today's seniors "vultures" in an attempt to cover their ineptitude.
DISGRACEFUL!
The real reason for renaming our Social Security payments is so the government can claim that all those social security recipients are receiving entitlements thus putting them in the same category as welfare, and food stamp recipients.
THIS IS WORTH THE FEW MINUTES IT TAKES TO READ AND DIGEST!
F.Y.I. By changing the name of SS contributions, it gives them a means to refute this program in the future. It's free money for the government to spend under this guise.
The Social Security check is now (or soon will be) referred to as a Federal Benefit Payment ?
I'll be part of the one percent to forward this. I am forwarding it because it touches a nerve in me, and I hope it will in you.
Please keep passing it on until everyone in our country has read it.
The government is now referring to our Social Security checks as a "Federal Benefit Payment."
This is NOT a benefit. It is OUR money , paid out of our earned income! Not only did we all contribute to Social Security but our employers did too ! It totaled 15% of our income before taxes.(This should be enough for you to forward this message, If not read on.)
If you averaged $30K per year over your working life, that's close to $180,000 invested in Social Security.
If you calculate the future value of your monthly investment in social security ($375/month, including both you and your employers contributions) at a meager 1% interest rate compounded monthly, after 40 years of working you'd have more than $1.3+ million dollars saved.
This is your personal investment. Upon retirement, if you took out only 3% per year, you'd receive $39,318 per year, or $3,277 per month.
That's almost three times more than today's average Social Security benefit of $1,230 per month, according to the Social Security Administration. (Google it – it's a fact). And your retirement fund would last more than 33 years (until you're 98 if you retire at age 65)! I can only imagine how much better most average-income people could live in retirement if our government had just invested our money in low-risk interest-earning accounts.
Instead, the folks in Washington pulled off a bigger Ponzi scheme than Bernie Madoff ever did (or Lyndon Johnson).
They took our money and used it elsewhere. They "forgot"(oh yes, they knew) that it was OUR money they were taking. They didn't have a referendum to ask us if we wanted to lend the money to them ... and they didn't pay interest on the debt they assumed. And recently they've told us that the money won't support us for very much longer. (Isn't it funny that they NEVER say this about welfare payments?)
But is it our fault they misused our investments? And now, to add insult to injury, they're calling it a benefit, as if we never worked to earn every penny of it. This is stealing!
Just because they borrowed the money, doesn't mean that our investments were for charity!
Let's take a stand. We have earned our right to Social Security and Medicare. Demand that our legislators bring some sense into our government.
Find a way to keep Social Security and Medicare going for the sake of the 92% of our population who need it.
Then call it what it is:
Our Earned Retirement Income .
90% of people won't forward this.
PLEASE! Will you?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
A woman dies at age 65 before collecting one benefit check. She and her employer paid into the system for almost 50 years and she collected NOTHING.

I must take issue with this statement. The employer does not contribute to SS. The employer must consider their 7.5% 'contribution as part and parcel of the employees pay. As an employer, I would prefer to give it to the employee so that, as a free person, they could do with it what they pleased. But the deceit has worked so well, for so long, few understand it is not the employer who coughs it up, but for the efforts of the employee who is told to believe their boss is contributing.

To me it is the biggest lie amoung many of them in the Social Security PONZI scheme.

It goes along with the lie that corporations pay taxes. They don't. They add the cost of taxes to operations which generates higher pricing, and collect them for the government. So we the consumer, actually pay those taxes.

When there were caps, I paid the maximum totals every year of my working life from 1965 on. I currently get about $1,900 a month. An annuity bought in '65, and paid in the same amount monthly, would make me a millionaire by now.

Last edited:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
SS is a vote buying ponzi scheme. Anyone that supports such a fraud is complicit in the damage it will do to the following generations.

But hey, "you got yours" and you'll be dead when the bomb actually goes off so why should you care. Just don't be surprised that those of us that know we will have to deal with the damage are less than respectful to your generation.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
1609856267729.png

Kaper

I was self-employed for my last 30 years of working so I paid BOTH parts of my SS. I will also have to add that I have received a LOT more than I contributed in the 16 years I've been collecting SS.

But - - - there are millions of folks that have been on welfare much longer than that and have collected a hell of a lot more money than I have.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I was self-employed for my last 30 years of working so I paid BOTH parts of my SS. I will also have to add that I have received a LOT more than I contributed in the 16 years I've been collecting SS.

But - - - there are millions of folks that have been on welfare much longer than that and have collected a hell of a lot more money than I have.
You should get more back than you contributed. The Gubmit is using your money during your entire working life. Since you cannot put it into investments that benefit you, they are taking that away from you by force of law. Just so they can use it. And if you die before you can cash in, they keep it

Could a bank do that?
Could an investment firm?
An annuity?
No. The proceeds go to your estate for your family.

The myth of SS is it's purpose was to supplement grandma' egg money. We are so far from that. It has been expanded beyond reason and well beyond economic sustainability. It's why 15% of your salary goes to SS. That will soon not be enough.

I laugh when people tell me they don't earn enough to pay income taxes They pay very little or are exempt. 50% of working Americans fall into this tax bracket. I then remind them that 15 cents of every dollar they make is already taken as a tax. If you make only $20,000 a year, you should pay no income tax, right? But you did. $3,000.00 snatched by the government before you ever saw it. You could likely have used to better your family.

Last edited:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
It makes me sick to see how much I've put in. Had I been forced to invest in the market instead of this crap, I'd have about double what I now have available at retirement. What was the Dow in 1969? Makes me sick.

Reactions: Doc