• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Signed up for Disney Plus just for this event: The Beatles: Get Back

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I refuse to give Disney any money. This will be available for free a day or two later if you know where to look.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I couldn't resist. I paid 7.99. I don't believe it will be available anywhere legal anytime soon.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The trailer was awesome. Did it's job and got to me sign up for the 'Get Back' release. So far I'm sad to say the trailer is far better than the release. George Harrison is being a dweeb aka whiney B. And Yoko Ono is right there ruining the whole thing. She doesn't speak but her presence there sucks. I'm half way through and disappointed.
Cool to see the creative process at work but all taking at once makes it impossible to understand a big part of it.
Maybe it will get better., I hope. I will suffer through it for now.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc there are many Beatles documentaries on tubi that are free and probably much better than this one.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc there are many Beatles documentaries on tubi that are free and probably much better than this one.
Yeah. I'm not that interested in those. This one looked different. And it is. Tomorrow the 3rd and last part of this trilogy will be released. I'll watch that since I already paid for it.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have now completed all three of the Get Back releases on Disney plus. 8 hours worth but I'll admit to fast forwarding through an hour or two of it. My review of this Peter Jackson trilogy would best be described as: BORING.

Talk about reality TV before reality tV was born. The concept of recording them for two weeks while they try to create songs sounded interesting. To see the genius creative process at work. Cool idea. but humongous failure. They didn't really create. They would try to improvise guitar riffs but then go into some other obscure song by other artists for just a few riffs. And that was the best part. Over 7 hours was them fiddling and mumbling.
So that's $7.99 wasted and 6+ hours of my life I'll never get back.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, all the previews and hype made me think it was going to be something epic! and different.

Nothing compares to The Beatles Anthology that was on television in the mid-90s. 😊

Reactions: Doc