• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Seeking advice on hobbies!

patrickparker

I'm trying to come up with ideas for hobbies, I was thinking about buying broken stuff and trying to repair them. Since it'll most likely take a few practice attempts it can't be anything super expensive. I enjoy fidgeting with small stuff and electronics. First thing that came to mind is buying old cheap watches and trying to repair them but that might be a bit too small and fidgety. So I'm seeking inspiration for what I can do instead of spending all my hours by the computer!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Go outside and mow the lawn.

Start gardening. Build retaining walls for yourself and your neighbors.

Better exercise than a gym and there will be two groups of monuments to your work,,uh hobby.

One, good health costing less than time and money than at the gym

Two, trees, flowers and gardens of which you can point and be proud. For years to come.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Benzes and boats. It'll keep you busy..........
I think he wants some good advice.

Honestly the advice that Franc gave seems like excellent advice for a good new hobby. It can be started small and scaled up easily if it suits him. It can be done on a budget. Lots of potential for turning it into a money earning hobby too.

ErinKeegan

If you spend so many hours by the computer, I'll share with you my hobby. If you spend time on the computer spend it usefully (y) I recently started printing figurines on a printer. I create exact mini copies of the characters that I liked in the movies. So far, this is only a hobby, but it can be turned into a way of earning money (I've sold a few figurines to my friends). You know,3D printers aren't cheap, but I suppose it is worth it.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
If you spend so many hours by the computer, I'll share with you my hobby. If you spend time on the computer spend it usefully (y) I recently started printing figurines on a printer. I create exact mini copies of the characters that I liked in the movies. So far, this is only a hobby, but it can be turned into a way of earning money (I've sold a few figurines to my friends). You know,3D printers aren't cheap, but I suppose it is worth it.
That is interesting.

I have a 3Dprinter still in the box because I have no use for it. However, my grand daughter, who collects "figurines," does
Good to hear from you

kc3tec

Amateur radio kits are fun, and if your licensed you get to transmit on them,
But you can also get reciever to build kits and listen

I'm trying to come up with ideas for hobbies, I was thinking about buying broken stuff and trying to repair them. Since it'll most likely take a few practice attempts it can't be anything super expensive. I enjoy fidgeting with small stuff and electronics. First thing that came to mind is buying old cheap watches and trying to repair them but that might be a bit too small and fidgety. So I'm seeking inspiration for what I can do instead of spending all my hours by the computer!
I think you need to take a break from computer and do something other to get relax a bit .

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I enjoy model railroading, some off roading with my Ranger FX/4 and being a gear head. Those, obviously would be my recommendations. May not be your cup of tea, so to speak.

Gary O'

I'm seeking inspiration for what I can do instead of spending all my hours by the computer!
I found, once retired, that doing what I always wanted to do, but didn't have the time when making a living, fills the time quite nicely
But
In doing that, gave it all a bit of a twist
My stamp on things

I'm a wood butcher

so

hutch corner .jpg

front.jpg

No regrets

Bottom line
Do what you desire to do