• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Scored some firewood today!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ahhh, a generator yesterday and a load of wood today. I'm having a great week!

When the gas line was cut through the back of my woods, they were supposed to save anything 6" and up. Well, they ground up everything under about 10". :(

So, I called them and said they would make good on it. It took awhile but voila, they arrived today.

This will keep me busy for awhile. Plopped it right in the yard so it's not a pile I can just let sit for awhile.

Attachments

• CIMG0200.JPG
    CIMG0200.JPG
    344.9 KB · Views: 148
  • CIMG0201.JPG
    CIMG0201.JPG
    359.5 KB · Views: 149
  • CIMG0202.JPG
    CIMG0202.JPG
    361.7 KB · Views: 137
  • CIMG0203.JPG
    CIMG0203.JPG
    360.5 KB · Views: 143
  • CIMG0204.JPG
    CIMG0204.JPG
    354.4 KB · Views: 134
  • CIMG0205.JPG
    CIMG0205.JPG
    355.3 KB · Views: 130

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
You are having a good week, aren't you?

That's enough firewood and smoker wood to keep me going for at least 10 years. :biggrin:

Andrei

Banned
That looks better then firewood.
Some are nice and straight and could be used for some log construction.
How much they charged you?
I grab all wood that comes my way and have build a nice pile on the ranch despite wife calls to stop taking it.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
you have the generator and wood now so your almost set. just get it split and dry.
jim

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hit the wood pile last night. Will be doing it for a few hours daily as much as my body and the weather hold out until it's gone.

Attachments

• CIMG0208.JPG
    CIMG0208.JPG
    349.4 KB · Views: 107
  • CIMG0212.JPG
    CIMG0212.JPG
    362 KB · Views: 108

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Hit the wood pile last night. Will be doing it for a few hours daily as much as my body and the weather hold out until it's gone.

Don't think of it as work, think of it as therapy.

By the way, it's more therapy than this old man can stand. :biggrin:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't think of it as work, think of it as therapy.

By the way, it's more therapy than this old man can stand. :biggrin:
I don't think of it as work too much. Only when I need to lift the heavy logs onto the splitter. Then it's work.

I'm probably going to pull the 2nd splitter out tonight and set that one to split vertical. If it's big, it goes to that splitter.

I did about 3 hours of "therapy" last night. Some days I can go 8 hours but other days not as much. If I do an 8-hour "therapy" session, I'm worthless the next day.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, 2 of the 3 piles are cut/split/stacked.

Raining now and new chainsaw on order so I may not hit that 3rd pile until later in the week.

Attachments

• CIMG0221.jpg
    CIMG0221.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 96
  • CIMG0222.jpg
    CIMG0222.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 95

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
There won't be another load Bill (unless of course it's free).

I still have probably 10-15 cord of logs piled up back in the woods. A logger has been stopping by asking if he could log my woods. If I let him, that's going to be another 50+ trees of tops I need to deal with.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Holy cow. I need back surgery from just looking at these pics. Heck, I'm still recovering from the apple tree I took down last month.

Nice place, btw. :thumb:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, and to think I have one white oak tree cut into 10' lengths (to fit inside my dump truck sitting between my barns that I need to cut and split. I have 3 excavators with hydraulic thumbs I can use to hold them off the ground while I cut them to split able lengths then a gas powered splitter and I'm complaining. I still have several pallets of wood on pallet shelves in my barn seasoning from 3-4 years ago. I need to get mine split and put inside so it can start seasoning. Sitting in 10' lengths will never allow it to dry. Great work there Brian!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I have had a guy cutting and splitting firewood here for a few weeks . I have wood laying all over the ranch now . WE only have pine around here so it needs to be dry when burned . I don't use a lot of wood as the old place is insulated very well and I might go through 3-4 cords a year . Once they finish oiling the house the firewood will start to be brought in and stacked .

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
All done.

It was so hot I had to move the splitter into the shade and pull out the barn fan.

6.5 cord in 2.5 weeks. I'm a little sore.

Attachments

• CIMG0227.jpg
    CIMG0227.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 69
  • CIMG0231.jpg
    CIMG0231.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 66
  • CIMG0239.jpg
    CIMG0239.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 68