• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Round Door Kitten Restoration

RRose

SUPER Site Supporter
New fuel level sending unit - thanks for the tip J-Farm
1616208115596.jpeg

PJL

I worked on a few Lucas equipped autos back in the day. Jaguars and Triumphs, MG's, etc....
One that even had a harness smoke leak. It wasn't equipped with a smoke refill port either. Had to rewire a TR-6. Which luckily wasn't much wiring. And one more thing, standard colors like red is hot and black is negative. Nope.

No wonder the Brits drink.

vintagebike

Our 57 Kitten has a 12 volt battery , Starter and Generator. It looks like the Ford Anglia 100e , the source of the kitten engine, had a 12 volt system from 1955.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
What are your thoughts on the ‘54 12v generator? Could it have had a 12v generator in it originally?
NO, all of the round door kittens were 6 volt from the factory, but, that did not stop someone from changing it to 12 volt, best reason for the change, was it spin the engine faster on those cold days

Last edited:

RRose

SUPER Site Supporter
Started tearing the motor down today. Just have to get the valves out and it will be ready for the machine shop.
Figured out why the motor was pulled - found a broken cam follower
1617941686591.jpeg

1617941709623.jpeg

1617941752867.jpeg

1617944234038.jpeg

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Excellent, looks like good progress. Can you get the parts you need for the rebuild?

RRose

SUPER Site Supporter
Excellent, looks like good progress. Can you get the parts you need for the rebuild?
I’m pretty sure all the parts are available. I know there is a place local to me that specializes in Anglias. I gotta get it over to the machine shop to make the sure the block is salvageable.

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
I’m pretty sure all the parts are available. I know there is a place local to me that specializes in Anglias. I gotta get it over to the machine shop to make the sure the block is salvageable.
Could you place a quarter by those pistons and post another picture of them so we can see just how small they are.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
What year is your kitten?

do you have a water pump?

do you have the number off the block?

RRose

SUPER Site Supporter
What year is your kitten?

do you have a water pump?

do you have the number off the block?
I’ve been told it’s a 54 - I’m still chasing the original dash tag out of it
It doesn’t have the original motor - but it might have a replacement motor that was installed at Tucker before it was resold
Does have a water pump - it’s a later motor

RRose

SUPER Site Supporter
1619549274406.jpeg

I just found all of these in the debris inside my pontoons. Obviously I recognize the house door latch - but does anyone recognize the other pieces?

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Seatbelt ends and hood latch catches? The narrow pontoons were tippy so keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
just about every thing that was 6 volt would be changed over to 12 volt and that would include tucker kittens that were built in '54 that had a newer engine put in... no surprises