• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Possible tornado hit my brother's place.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Last night we were under a severe thunder storm watch with strong winds and hail with the possibility of tornadoes. It missed us but went through where my brother lives only 4 hrs away. He had trees down on both his truck and motorhome. He also posted pictures of a local hotel who's roof was ripped off. Trees down everywhere. Power lines ripped down. This is a smaller northern Ontario community based on tourism and fly in fishing so there are many float planes in the area. Two turbo otter's were tied to a dock and were lifted up and nearly flipped over.

FB_IMG_1624540519918.jpg
FB_IMG_1624540524807.jpg
FB_IMG_1624540533529.jpg
FB_IMG_1624540544416.jpg
FB_IMG_1624540549864.jpg
FB_IMG_1624540565161.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Probably was a tornado, Brian.
Bad storm systems came through here Sunday night into the wee hours.
Riga Township Michigan had a confirmed F-1.

MNwr786

Looks like straight line wind to me. A tornado would have tossed the garbage cans and trampoline. We removed all of the trees that could land on the cabin here. Whenever there is the slightest chance of high wind, I move vehicles and secure everything. Hopefully the planes are ok. Was it a surprise storm no one expected? Aren't there anchor points to tie wings down?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
They were calling for a storm but nothing this bad. I tried to link a Facebook video to here of the actual storm hitting but it wouldn't work. Apparently the roof was ripped off the only hotel in town.

MNwr786

Hope everyone is ok. Can you copy/paste the link in as text? I need to go fix a road quick but I'd love to see the video!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Guess he has privacy settings in place.

Here's the truck damage. Wonder if they can do paintless dent removal?

FB_IMG_1624565963506.jpg

Even the rv didn't get it too bad. For an older rv, as long as it doesn't leak and the interior isn't damaged, I'd just leave it. He just bought it last year to haul his racecar around to different tracks.

FB_IMG_1624565968947.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Here's a couple screen shots of the video. It doesn't do it justice as the wind and rain was coming sideways along with severe lightning.

Screenshot_20210624-162942_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20210624-162949_Facebook.jpg