• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ouch! Prop chopped!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Crazy. They had to be going fast to flip the engine into the boat. 9:30pm so they were going fast in the dark. Duh. Night time boating is dangerous. I suspect alcohol was involved.

MNwr786

Crazy. They had to be going fast to flip the engine into the boat. 9:30pm so they were going fast in the dark. Duh. Night time boating is dangerous. I suspect alcohol was involved.
It can happen in daylight. That area is FULL of very complex rock structure, much of it being just under the surface.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It can happen in daylight. That area is FULL of very complex rock structure, much of it being just under the surface.

If it's anything like our lake at camp, I'd hate to see it drained. Just at the end of our dock is 30ft of water. It drops down to around 50ft deep in the middle but 100ft away there's a rock that comes up just inches below the water. Out in the first big bay on the lake it's 80ft deep but a large underwater island roughly 50ft in diameter shoots up to the surface. In high water it's unrecognizable in the spring when the ice has taken out the marker buoys. Most of the lakes in the area are the same. Lots of rocks to watch for. Thankfully most are marked with buoys.

20220722_112431.jpg