• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Military Pics / Photos

J.J. McDaniels

The USS Missouri transferring personnel to her sister ship, the USS Iowa, August 1945.
USS_Missouri_transfers.jpg

chowderman

giggle. the Navy recommends keeping the pointy end up . . .
old photo tho - Independence was decommissioned in 1998.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
An aerial stern view of the decommissioned Battleship New Jersey (BB-62) and seven decommissioned Knox class frigates tied up at the Ship Intermediate Maintenance Facility at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard, WA, on 17 May 1993

mp24.jpg

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
An aerial stern view of the decommissioned Battleship New Jersey (BB-62) and seven decommissioned Knox class frigates tied up at the Ship Intermediate Maintenance Facility at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard, WA, on 17 May 1993

View attachment 173380
NJ is prepping for drydock this year IIRC it's the first time in 30 years.

Here is Ryan's video on the year in review order your missle launch keys on the web page:)
Growing up right out side Philadelphia had lot's of friends fathers working in the PNSY
My dad worked for Sun Oil which had their own ship yard building their tankers in house they use to let employes go for a ride on one of the check out rides I did it with my father unfortnatuly I cant recall the tanker's name.

tom

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
USS Kitty Hawk (CV-63) on her way to to San Diego, California after overhaul at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard, Washington - January 1983.

mp26.jpg

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
USS Kitty Hawk (CV-63) on her way to to San Diego, California after overhaul at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard, Washington - January 1983.

View attachment 173782
Is it me or do the planes aboard not look as sexy as the F/A-18 and equivalent that used to be on carriers? But they do fit quite a few more nowadays. I'm guessing they just catapult them at their targets. ;)