• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hi. Im Olivia

Status
Not open for further replies.

olivia24

I never had one myself but in my experience it can be devastating. Caution is warranted.
The complication comes when it interferes with work or another relationship. If both parties are unattached, it may work out. Throw in an Ex boyfriend or a husband and it gets nasty.

This situation sounds more benign and innocent. Be careful, be responsible, respectful to the work environment, and remember there will be an "after."

Now that women have been convinced they must work for the man to be worthy, there are fewer opportunities outside of the workplace. So it is inevitable they will be searching, as men have always done, in the workplace. Facts of life fellas.
I met My 2 year ex at An SPCA event volunteering for their annual Fur Ball. He was there because his work had some people volunteer for it. Ive had my friends set me up a few times but their was zero spark. I go to bars and clubs some but i really dont want to meet a guy there but its possible to meet some good ones. I met a nice guy sat night but that seems like a dead end.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
My son picks up girls at bars, It never works out for him. He's on his third attempt and she is abysmal. Keep in mind most people at bars looking are single for a reason. It's been my experience that bars aren't good grounds for a lasting relationship. But then I got kinda lucky and didn't find myself desperate and lonely looking for love in all the wrong places. Again, I'm no expert.

But, for what it is worth, my advice is free and worth every penny.

olivia24

My son picks up girls at bars, It never works out for him. He's on his third attempt and she is abysmal. Keep in mind most people at bars looking are single for a reason. It's been my experience that bars aren't good grounds for a lasting relationship. But then I got kinda lucky and didn't find myself desperate and lonely looking for love in all the wrong places. Again, I'm no expert.

But, for what it is worth, my advice is free and worth every penny.
Why is she bad if you dont mind me asking? One thing at bars is that alot of guys smoke and i dont even if they arent smoking in the bar. And of course the drinking. I have a drink or 2 but i dont get too far gone, lol. Once me and some friends went to a nice club and i had too much and ended up leaving with a guy. BIG MISTAKE.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Why is she bad if you dont mind me asking? One thing at bars is that alot of guys smoke and i dont even if they arent smoking in the bar. And of course the drinking. I have a drink or 2 but i dont get too far gone, lol. Once me and some friends went to a nice club and i had too much and ended up leaving with a guy. BIG MISTAKE.
Because they want a guy for a while but don't want to make and investment in him. This one is the worst case ever. He doesn't understand that if a girl is "easy" it may work for a while until she is ready o move on. Sleeping with another man's wife may get you some kind of pleasure but how can one ever develop trust is a woman who would cheat? Same with guys.

The girl he is with now is a drug addict and has had her children taken away by the state. She does nothing, no house cleaning, a job, nothing. She was pregnant we he met her and has taken the child as his but the mom is hellish to live with. His problem is he thinks with the wrong head. At 51 he has yet to be truly happy. That's because he never attaches to a woman who would commit wholly to their partner's best interests. They are interested in him and what he can offer them, but not interested in his happiness.

If you want to be happy in your relationship I would advise, don't go for guys like that and don't be a girl like that. I may sound old fashioned but my standards and boundaries kept me out of trouble, and the wife happy.

As for your "Mistake," you are single and without kids, you are entitled to that freedom. You'll recover and move on. I have someone close to whom that happened. Worst pain ever for her husband. And for her. Stay away from married men, they are the worst slugs on the planet, exceeded only by poachers who go after milf's. Unhappy married women who are mistakenly vulnerable. The bars are full of them.

And so are business/ work environments.

Going to bars is like trying to find a good apple on the ground. Low hanging fruit might be easy, but it is never as good as something for which you have to reach.

Last edited:

olivia24

Because they want a guy for a while but don't want to make and investment in him. This one is the worst case ever. He doesn't understand that if a girl is "easy" it may work for a while until she is ready o move on. Sleeping with another man's wife may get you some kind of pleasure but how can one ever develop trust is a woman who would cheat? Same with guys.

The girl he is with now is a drug addict and has had her children taken away by the state. She does nothing, no house cleaning, a job, nothing. She was pregnant we he met her and has taken the child as his but the mom is hellish to live with. His problem is he thinks with the wrong head. At 51 he has yet to be truly happy. That's because he never attaches to a woman who would commit wholly to their partner's best interests. They are interested in him and what he can offer them, but not interested in his happiness.

If you want to be happy in your relationship I would advise, don't go for guys like that and don't be a girl like that. I may sound old fashioned but my standards and boundaries kept me out of trouble, and the wife happy.

As for your "Mistake," you are single and without kids, you are entitled to that freedom. You'll recover and move on. I have someone close to whom that happened. Worst pain ever for her husband. And for her. Stay away from married men, they are the worst slugs on the planet, exceeded only by poachers who go after milf's. Unhappy married women who are mistakenly vulnerable. The bars are full of them.

And so are business/ work environments.

Going to bars is like trying to find a good apple on the ground. Low hanging fruit might be easy, but it is never as good as something for which you have to reach.
I had a married man pursue me when i was waitressing. I was attracted to him but i just couldnt go there. Plus i want my own husband and i sure as heck wouldnt want a woman seeing him behind my back. The "mistake" part wasnt leaving with a guy, i was just expecting a good time but when he got me back to his apt it was very unpleasant.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a married man pursue me when i was waitressing. I was attracted to him but i just couldnt go there. Plus i want my own husband and i sure as heck wouldnt want a woman seeing him behind my back. The "mistake" part wasnt leaving with a guy, i was just expecting a good time but when he got me back to his apt it was very unpleasant.
You were probably not what he expected when you got there. Which says a lot about you and not too much good about him. Glad to hear it.

Stay that way and you'll be fine.

We must have boundaries and standards of what we are willing to allow ourselves to do and what we allow others to do to us. Often we do not really know these boundaries until they are crossed. And that is often too late. The damage is done. One lesson in life to which I hold dear, as it always helps me decide what to do when tempted,,,, Make a decision of which you know you can look back on later in life,,,,; and smile.

For a refreshing perspective on this subject I would recommend this young lady's advice.

Last edited:

olivia24

Its pouring rain out. Will be a fun day looking out the window at all the rain and clouds at work lol. At least it keeps the AC bill low. Yall have an awesome day.

olivia24

A fun day at work today. Im training to do group interviews instead of just entering data and being a do everything girl.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yea, i like interviewing people. But im just starting. I keep remembering how nervous i am at being interviewed
As a former business owner I can tell you that practicing interviewing skills will help you. Write down a list of questions. Keep modifying that list. Ask friends and relatives if you can practice on them. Or ... secretly interview them! You need to learn to listen, and then ask questions based on the answers you hear.

I hired an ex-con to do some work on my property, have now recommended him to others. Honestly like and trust the guy. But you need to learn to find out 'who' people really are and that takes probing questions.

olivia24

As a former business owner I can tell you that practicing interviewing skills will help you. Write down a list of questions. Keep modifying that list. Ask friends and relatives if you can practice on them. Or ... secretly interview them! You need to learn to listen, and then ask questions based on the answers you hear.

I hired an ex-con to do some work on my property, have now recommended him to others. Honestly like and trust the guy. But you need to learn to find out 'who' people really are and that takes probing questions.
At work they have a rather standard checklist, but of course we can improvise a bit. Its exciting to talk to people looking for a position. Im sure ex-cons can be quite good sometimes. Who gets hired is above my pay grade for now, lol

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
At work they have a rather standard checklist, but of course we can improvise a bit. Its exciting to talk to people looking for a position. Im sure ex-cons can be quite good sometimes. Who gets hired is above my pay grade for now, lol
That is when the magic happens.

But you can prepare to improvise.

Be like the Boy Scouts . . . "always be prepared"

That is why your personal list of questions is better than the company list. Find out WHO they are.

olivia24

That is when the magic happens.

But you can prepare to improvise.

Be like the Boy Scouts . . . "always be prepared"

That is why your personal list of questions is better than the company list. Find out WHO they are.
Good advice. The groups interviews are more of a Q and A and screening. Hopefully soon i will be doing in depth one on one's!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
olivia24 said:
Yea, we can talk in my Hi thread. I wish i did know more about machines. Would save me a few dollars.
Let's move this subject there.

Proudly Deplorable
When criminal justice is supplanted by social justice there is no justice.

It would, perhaps. However, nothing wrong with participating in the economy. We should all do what we do best and hope that allows us to make a living so we can pay others to do what we don't do well.

That's why I fix up old cars and tractors but hand my computer to my son when the black smoke comes out.

olivia24

Let's move this subject there.

Proudly Deplorable
When criminal justice is supplanted by social justice there is no justice.

It would, perhaps. However, nothing wrong with participating in the economy. We should all do what we do best and hope that allows us to make a living so we can pay others to do what we don't do well.

That's why I fix up old cars and tractors but hand my computer to my son when the black smoke comes out.
Good idea, lol

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Monday without the CSR today. Gonna be fun.

I never take Marty for granted, she is a big reason our customer's are happy. But today, I really miss her company.

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks.

It was better than fun. landed a lucrative POKEMON' project. We were told our bid was too high. They went with a low bidder and now are in trouble.

One gets that for which they paid.

It will allow us to hire 5 to 10 more people. Sounds like maybe, I could use a good HR. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.