• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hi, Im Myst

Myst

Hi Everyone *waves*

Im Myst.. im 29, from Australia and thought this forum looked great (i frequent a few) and thought that id sign up and become a member.

I love the smilies! they are so cute!:horsepoop: would have to be my favourite one.

I cant wait to meet you all.

daedong

Welcome, from another Aussie.
We are a mixed bunch here, there are members from around the globe. They do have trouble understanding my language at time so be warned.
[FONT=&quot]Do you have a flick mixer in your kitchen? :D[/FONT]

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi Myst, you'll get along great with Daedong, he hails from Aussieland too.

I can't understand a damn thing he says so maybe you can translate it :hide:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I need translation :D ................ Welcome and have a good time!

Myst

Thanks guys.. sheesh you are fast in replying!

Well i can try and translate... us aussie confuse ourselves sometimes though! Yes i do have a flick mixer!

Im from NSW about 2 hrs from Sydney .. what about you daedong?

Myst

A flick mixer is a kitchen or sometimes bathroom tap.. here...

images

I suppose hes explained the whole being pissed thing.. that seems to confuse Americans no end.

daedong

Myst said:
Thanks guys.. sheesh you are fast in replying!

Well i can try and translate... us aussie confuse ourselves sometimes though! Yes i do have a flick mixer!

Im from NSW about 2 hrs from Sydney .. what about you daedong?

From South Aust 170 KM from Adelaide, on the river.

Myst

Nice! Its great to live near the water. We moved recently and can now look over lake macquarie.. its beautiful!

Cityboy

Banned
Myst said:
I suppose hes explained the whole being pissed thing.. that seems to confuse Americans no end.

That's the one thing I understand best. :D I've been pissed with Aussies a bunch of times. :burp:

Oh yeah, Welcome Myst! :horsepoop: This is one of my favorites too. Reminds me of Bob S.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Now just wait until Mith (Southern UK, I believe) gets in on this.....

I'm just imagininging:

them bushytailed Aussies all pissed with the Pommie in some open slather with a swag of empty tinnies and slabs piled to the flick mixer, the plonk flowing, and laughin'gear running; chinwagg'n 'bout this stickybeak wombat. I'm upsh*tcreek!

Yeah, I probably slaughtered it, but fair Dinkum? :beer:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I've never been to Australia, but I've been to the UK a couple of times. Enough to realize that I'm not going to sit at a pub and eat 'haggies' with the locals anymore! :puke1:

Welcome Myst. Hopefully you guys don't chow down on haggies there.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome Myst, I live in Wales, UK. I don't understand half of what anybody says, though I am actually English (don't be fooled by the fact I live in Wales, somebody has to!). Dargo, what on earth are haggies - haggis is something that Scots people eat, but don't really know what it is, except that they play bagpipes to announce its arrival - funny idea! The Americans eat funny things too, but what can you expect from people who drive on the wrong side of the road?!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome Myst!!

Ice Queen said:
The Americans eat funny things too
Ice Queen.
Out of curiosity, what kinds of things do we eat that are funny?

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Ice Queen said:
Dargo, what on earth are haggies - haggis is something that Scots people eat, but don't really know what it is, except that they play bagpipes to announce its arrival - funny idea! The Americans eat funny things too, but what can you expect from people who drive on the wrong side of the road?!

:D Hey, I was actually in a place called the Terisha Inn (sp?) just off of the M4 (?) motorway that goes from London into Wales. I was actually in Wales. Anyway, I thought they were meat balls. I was right on the last part...:eek:

daedong

Spiffy1 said:
Now just wait until Mith (Southern UK, I believe) gets in on this.....

I'm just imagininging:

them bushytailed Aussies all pissed with the Pommie in some open slather with a swag of empty tinnies and slabs piled to the flick mixer, the plonk flowing, and laughin'gear running; chinwagg'n 'bout this stickybeak wombat. I'm upsh*tcreek!

Yeah, I probably slaughtered it, but fair Dinkum? :beer:

8 out of ten:a1:

Myst

Wow spiffy well done! :respect:

Thanks everyone whos responded.. You sure are a friendly bunch!

Dargo i think your talking about haggis.. thats just nasty stuff.. It is made from lamb’s offal (lungs, liver and heart) mixed with suet, onions, herbs and spices, all packed into a skin, traditionally made of a sheep’s stomach. However just to add some extra flavour its served with mashed spuds ...*shudders* No we dont eat that here! The worst thing ive heard of is people eating kangaroo and emu steaks... eating out national emblem just doesnt sound too appealing to me!

Theres a couple of things that i think sound a lil strange that americans eat.. waffles for breakfast :eek: we have them for dessert with caramel sauce and icecream - i cant imagine eating them for breakfast! And also biscuits with food! Biscuits here are what you call cookies there so i cant imagine eating them with gravy at all :confused2:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Myst said:
Theres a couple of things that i think sound a lil strange that americans eat.. waffles for breakfast :eek: we have them for dessert with caramel sauce and icecream - i cant imagine eating them for breakfast! And also biscuits with food! Biscuits here are what you call cookies there so i cant imagine eating them with gravy at all :confused2:

American biscuits are more like english scones or shortbread.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Cityboy said:
7_23_biscuits.jpg

These are American biscuits.

thanks for bringing me back to reality. I've been sitting here with an image of a plate of chocolate chip cookies with country gravy on them.

:puke1:

daedong

Myst said:
The worst thing ive heard of is people eating kangaroo and emu steaks... eating out national emblem just doesnt sound too appealing to me!

Hey, I eat roo steak often; it is lean and better for you than beef. It is free range with no chemicals or hormones pumped into them

[FONT=&quot]Roos are in plague proportions, so what’s the big deal, they need to be culled to keep numbers in check anyway.

National emblem so what.:confused:
[/FONT]

Myst

Ahh different strokes and all that.. i just dont like the idea of chowing down on skippy. Im not that big a meat eater anyway i mainly eat chicken.. now there is something packed with hormones.. though i do usually go free range and organic when i can.

Thanks cityboy yup biscuits are much like scones.. though ive never tried them with gravy they are delicious with jam and cream *shluuurp*

Talking about weird things.. we have a few weird bits and peices for example Vegemite.. we live off the stuff.. our kids grow up on it. Yet its a yeast extract.. now how delicious does that sound *bletch* .. meat pies are big here but i dont think (correct me if im wrong) that they are that big in the US... we do have some delectable things though like pavlova, anzac biscuits and tim tams..

jakki

Myst said:
A for example Vegemite.. we live off the stuff.. our kids grow up on it. Yet its a yeast extract...

niam, niammmmm!! love it!! On fresh baguette w/a little butter....another version is Marmite....same thing!! Sat mornings with a giant cup of coffeeee...

OK, when's the weekend?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome Myst. It's nice too have another aussie in the house!

Nice Avatar!!!

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
As to all the strange things that Americans eat, well, I don't know what half of them are, we don't have them over here. Peanut butter I have once tasted - NEVER AGAIN - YUK, YUK, YUK. Just typing about it makes me shiver! Kangaroo steaks, another yuk, sorry Aussies, or Emus - another yuk, but not so loud this time. Give me a beef steak (medium rare), chips, mushrooms, tomatoes (pronounced tomaatoes, not tomaytoes), or roast beef and yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes (potaytoes, not potaatoes - english pronounciation is totally daft!), boiled potatoes, sprouts, gravy.

Cityboy

Banned
Ice Queen said:
tomatoes (pronounced tomaatoes, not tomaytoes), or roast potatoes (potaytoes, not potaatoes - english pronounciation is totally daft!)

Some folks down here in the deep south of the U.S. fondly refer to them as "maters & taters" :D The big fluffy biscuits that go with sausage gravy or butter and jams are called cat-heads because they are as big as an ole tom-cats head.

Vin - I'd love to try roo steak. Is it exported? Sounds like roos are as plentiful as our whitetail deer population here. They're cute till they start eating the shrubs you just planted.