• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

FINNALLY,,,,,I FOUND IT MY TANZER 27

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
That boat looks about as bad as the Carver we bought with trees growing in the cockpit. The Carver is better than new now. If it's the boat you want, don't lose it.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
That boat looks about as bad as the Carver we bought with trees growing in the cockpit. The Carver is better than new now. If it's the boat you want, don't lose it.
-I've got a house site to prepare and a daughter-in-law with terminal cancer plus a business to run without the CEO ( who is tied up in Springfield with the legal issues of adopting our granddaughter.)With everything going on in Springfield, I really don't have the time to even recover the boat.

I may buy it and take my chances with the marina holding it for a few months.

This will be a full rebuild taken down to the fiberglass and frame. A two year endeavor at best. One of my employees is a former cabinet make who says he can do all the teak joinery.

I will need to overhaul and re-bed all the running gear as well. New lines, stays, and cables. The boat will be new when done. I can do it all outside my company making the machine shop available.

It is a tempting prospect.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
-I've got a house site to prepare and a daughter-in-law with terminal cancer plus a business to run without the CEO ( who is tied up in Springfield with the legal issues of adopting our granddaughter.)With everything going on in Springfield, I really don't have the time to even recover the boat.

I may buy it and take my chances with the marina holding it for a few months.

This will be a full rebuild taken down to the fiberglass and frame. A two year endeavor at best. One of my employees is a former cabinet make who says he can do all the teak joinery.

I will need to overhaul and re-bed all the running gear as well. New lines, stays, and cables. The boat will be new when done. I can do it all outside my company making the machine shop available.

It is a tempting prospect.
Its only work Franc, I got 2 or more projects going all the time.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
you could pay a pro:

there is this:
All Boat Angel boats are not viewable unless otherwise stated
I do not need to view the boat. I know this model stem to stern as I once owned one.
The pictures tell me enough
There is no auxiliary so any concerns about that question is mute.

The hull is well founded by this manufacturer at about one inch thick hand laid up below the waterline.
Bulkheads are well seated. As are the chain plates.
There are historical issues with the deck and it's coring with this model.
Unlikely but possible issue with the keel bolts. Only because of age.

Basically this is a hull with a mast and some standing rigging. All the parts needed to build a new boat.

All of the teak will likely be replaced

Polyurethane the deck
Scrub, sand and seal the hull and topsides
Rebuild and re-bed the winches, pully blocks and fairleads
All new lines and halyards.

About twelve grand for materials alone. And two years of hard labour.

A labour of love.

Time and money. I should have enough of either. If I weren't raising three children I wouldn't have a dilemma.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Received a note from a new member Friday. Tanzer 27.
I didn't see it until this morning.

He has one sail ready for sail.

Hope this one is the charm because I am ready.

This one is in Bellmore NY not far from the other two upon which I have hailed to close

Latest profile posts

[IMG alt="FrancSevin"]https://www.forumsforums.com/data/avatars/s/5/5650.jpg?1604967498[/IMG]
Update your status…
T
Are you still in the market for a Tanzer 27? I am selling mine for a great price - sail ready …
Like Like
Report Delete
Reactions:You
[IMG alt="FrancSevin"]https://www.forumsforums.com/data/avatars/s/5/5650.jpg?1604967498[/IMG]
FrancSevin
Yes!
Today at 1:27 PM Report Edit Delete

Attachments

• 1658105670855.gif
    1658105670855.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 92

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Tread lightly.
Lotsa scammers on the boating forums answering want ads.
Well, I don't have a want ad but I do get your point. As of now this guy has not responded to my contact. However, if he does, nothing monetary happens long distance. It sounds like a road trip.

Reactions: Doc

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It's been three days now since this "Tanzer 27" guy posted.
Almost two since I responded.
Haven't heard a word.

His crags list as doesn't have a phone contact.

Price is unreal @ $1,100.
Something is amiss,,,,'again.

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The phone contact was there but hidden. Here ya go Franc.
It does sound to good to be true ...or a typo on price
Let me know once you get the number and I'll delete this so his number is not out in the open.

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
This is a shoal draft. I wanted a fin keel. But at that price I'll be OK with the shoal draft.

One advantage with the shoal Keel is that the boat will be easier to transport on my flatbed

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats.
That is a crazy low price for a 27 ft boat.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats.
That is a crazy low price for a 27 ft boat.
So far, I not sure this is even real.

No answer from the guy on any platform or media.
Phone
Here on the Forum

I even tried texting. I NEVER TEXT!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The phone contact was there but hidden. Here ya go Franc.
It does sound to good to be true ...or a typo on price
Let me know once you get the number and I'll delete this so his number is not out in the open.
Doc, this guy doesn't answer his phone either.
All I get is a chance to leave a voicemail

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
So, I joined a sailing forum and posted my story about the Tanzer in Sea Cliff Long Island. Turns out a guy knows the boat and the owner.
I'm trying not to get too excited but, the sale price dropped because the seller says, "he's not getting many inquiries."

Strange, very strange.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
So, I joined a sailing forum and posted my story about the Tanzer in Sea Cliff Long Island. Turns out a guy knows the boat and the owner.
I'm trying not to get too excited but, the sale price dropped because the seller says, "he's not getting many inquiries."

Strange, very strange.
Just made a deal on it, nice guy. The new price is $14,500.00 if your interested.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Just made a deal on it, nice guy. The new price is $14,500.00 if your interested.
What? Are you just having fun with me?

That makes no sense.

Market price on this model is $5K to $8K.
His listing is at $6K dropped from $7K

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
ONE MORE TIME!!!!
I got this mail from a friend on a sailing forum;
Grande Mastere Dreade started a new conversation with you at Sailing Anarchy Forums.

For Sale! '86 Tanzer,

not mine, no association

For Sale! '86 Tanzer, 27ft.
Located at Rush Creek YC. Well maintained, good condition, great cruiser for Lake RH. Self furling jib, Tohastu 10 hp motor, call for more details
Asking $5,500 /OBO
214 725 8290

Called Wendy and we seem to have a deal. The boat is near Dallas TX and my brother will visit it this weekend.

This one is the very model I wanted, and it is in original condition regarding Teak and Holly joinery.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
pictures
destinyexterior1.jpg

Crumpy already warned me, the girl is not included in the deal

Attachments

• destinyexterior2.jpg
    destinyexterior2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 97
  • destinyintereior1.jpg
    destinyintereior1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 98
  • dstinyinterior2.jpg
    dstinyinterior2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 102

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
take the girl, leave the little outboard . . .
I can't.
Crumpy already said NOooooooo!

As for the outboard auxiliary, Good news and Bad.

Bad;I don't care for an outboard on a sailboat.
Good; However, if it had an in board auxiliary, it would be a shaft thru-hull drive and I would have to live with it. This way, when the funds are there, I can install a Volvo Penta sail drive like I had before.

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like this one is the charm. Deal is done.

I mentioned my 2002 jeep grand Cherokee was finnaly out of the shop. Wendy said she lved hes but her son had ruined it. I joked about a trade, and she said YES!

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Dark grey exterior
Black leather interior
73,000 miles.
Like new.
I-6 bulletproof engine.
New tires, shocks
Rebuilt front end suspensions & steering
and
brakes all around.

Even trade for the Tanzer.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
My brother and his wife at the time, spent many a weekend on our original Tanzer. He went over to lake Hubard today to inspect the boat. His comment, " It was like a walk back in time." "This boat is original stem to stern and in great shape."

The deal is done!

The seller decided against the 2002 JEEP. So, it is a cash deal. He put down a deposit for me.

Pictures on Monday.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
My brother and his wife at the time, spent many a weekend on our original Tanzer. He went over to lake Hubard today to inspect the boat. His comment, " It was like a walk back in time." "This boat is original stem to stern and in great shape."

The deal is done!

The seller decided against the 2002 JEEP. So, it is a cash deal. He put down a deposit for me.

Pictures on Monday.
Perseverance pays off