• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

F#&$&ng ticket yesterday = government scam

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Let's just say this hasn't been a good week. Back story first....

We live in a small village outside of a city of 115000 where our kids go to school. All week, their school bus has been canceled due to a lack of drivers. So I've been stuck driving them in the morning to school and going back at the end of the day to get them. It's a 25 minute drive each way. Our one daughter has a school work placement in the afternoon every day meaning that I have to drive back in at lunch and pick her up, come back home then drive her to her placement at a local horse ranch. Yesterday I had to take my wife's vehicle to the city as my truck was sitting there hooked up to a trailer ready to offload some furniture.

So I am making my way back to the city to pick up the kids at 3 and drive by an unmarked police car sitting there running radar. I was running around the posted speed limit on cruise so no big deal or so I thought. I looked in the mirror and he pulled out and began following me then flashed his lights. I pulled over right away. He does the usual license and registration thing. No problem. Comes back with a ticket for $65 for expired tags on the plates. No problem.

Here's the piss off part. We used to get a sticker that went on the plates when we renewed them which is a reminder of when they expire. The government decided last year WITHOUT BARELY ANY NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC, to do away with the sticker reminder system and just leave it up to people to automatically know that on your birthday, you have to renew your plates. The confusion is that you can get them for either 1 or 2 years. And now you have ZERO way of knowing whether or not they are valid for 1 or 2 years presently. Mine on my truck are good for 2 years but next year I will have no visual reminders that I have to renew. All it is is a good money scam to keep the police funded.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
In my state we have an annual sticker. I also get an email from the state, about 60+ days in advance reminding me to renew. I get a 2nd email about 30+ days in advance to renew. I can renew on-line, in person at the DMV or at an emission testing location (some cars/trucks are required to have an emission test every other year, but you can just get your renewal there too)

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Thats the one thing they kinda leave you alone on here, likely due to the large illegal population. I can't remember the last time I even bothered to put a plate on a trailer.

chowderman

back in the days before computers, people maintained 'tickler files' - to remind them of stuff and when it needed action.

MicroSoft Office and all it's competitors have calendars - and one can set reminders.
so . . . there is that.

J5 Bombardier

Let's just say this hasn't been a good week. Back story first....

We live in a small village outside of a city of 115000 where our kids go to school. All week, their school bus has been canceled due to a lack of drivers. So I've been stuck driving them in the morning to school and going back at the end of the day to get them. It's a 25 minute drive each way. Our one daughter has a school work placement in the afternoon every day meaning that I have to drive back in at lunch and pick her up, come back home then drive her to her placement at a local horse ranch. Yesterday I had to take my wife's vehicle to the city as my truck was sitting there hooked up to a trailer ready to offload some furniture.

So I am making my way back to the city to pick up the kids at 3 and drive by an unmarked police car sitting there running radar. I was running around the posted speed limit on cruise so no big deal or so I thought. I looked in the mirror and he pulled out and began following me then flashed his lights. I pulled over right away. He does the usual license and registration thing. No problem. Comes back with a ticket for $65 for expired tags on the plates. No problem.

Here's the piss off part. We used to get a sticker that went on the plates when we renewed them which is a reminder of when they expire. The government decided last year WITHOUT BARELY ANY NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC, to do away with the sticker reminder system and just leave it up to people to automatically know that on your birthday, you have to renew your plates. The confusion is that you can get them for either 1 or 2 years. And now you have ZERO way of knowing whether or not they are valid for 1 or 2 years presently. Mine on my truck are good for 2 years but next year I will have no visual reminders that I have to renew. All it is is a good money scam to keep the police funded.
Confusing how the Ford Government brought the no sticker system in. Some people thought they didn't have to pay any more ,LOL ,but I believe the cost went down from what the Wynne "Lieberals" were hammering you guys with before they got booted out. I'm no fan of the OPP , going through Ontario heading west seems there's one behind every bush/ tree ,but I'll take them the over the " Surete" . J5 Bombardier

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
In BC we don't have stickers to put on the license plate.

Its just up to me to remember that I need to renew.
I use my cell phone calendar to remind me of appointments and things I need to remember. Not perfect but it helps as long as I don't lose my phone.