• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Classic Cars Models After 1952

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
1960 Cadillac De Ville

ClassicCars199.jpg

1712507168518.jpeg

My dad's favorite ride: Citroën DS. One of the most amazing production cars ever manufactured. Hands down the most comfortable. Ever. It has a ton of innovative features; for me the most impressive is the suspension. No springs. Air and fluid under pressure instead.

Dad was introduced to them when he was a small town cop in Colorado. One day he was assigned to drive the mayor around in the mayor's car; the mayor had a DS. As they were approaching a nasty piece of road the locals all took at 10-15 mph, the mayor told Dad to take it at 40. Dad said "You're crazy!" The mayor insisted, and the rest was history. Dad was sold; he wound up owning 3 of them over the years.

Late in his life I pointed Dad at Leno’s DS vid. Dad was digging it, until Jay pointed out the car’s only real weakness: the anemic little 4-banger, and said something like “Up around 90mph it gets a little buzzy.” Dad was incensed. “90! Who the fu¢& needs to drive it at 90?!” Whaddaya think it is, an SM? Pull your dago head outta your wop ass!” You almost had him, Jay. Almost.

Speaking of the SM (Sport Maserati), Dad owned one of those too.

1712507984761.jpeg

At the time he was living in rural, mountainous area with a lot of winding mountain roads - perfect for the SM. But after a couple close calls, he was convinced that if he kept driving it was meant to be driven, he'd wind up with a deer in his lap and its hoof down his throat. So he jettisoned the SM in favor of his final DS.