• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cats Meow Jamboree, April, 2015

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
We have received questions about having The Cat's Meow Jamboree again next year. The short answer is no. Our thought is that there should be events like this in the coming year/years but in a different parts of the country. Most of you had never seen Timberline Lodge and Mt. Hood. How about some one stepping up to do this and this forum is a great way to put out the word and perhaps a new thread could be started to solicit ideas for where it should happen. There are many great places out there, we shared ours, now it is time to share yours. We started the planning in March last year for this April's event. Many thanks to Timberline Lodge for the outstanding accommodations, food, beverages, and the Mountain with it's views; to Peter Fuchs who came out to present his fathers story; to the support and participation of the Tucker Family and Corporation; and the behind the scenes help form so many of you; and for the good times you shared.

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Perhaps a circuit? Leavenworth, Timberline, ? Anything in S oregon? (crater lake lodge?

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
We have received questions about having The Cat's Meow Jamboree again next year. The short answer is no. Our thought is that there should be events like this in the coming year/years but in a different parts of the country. Most of you had never seen Timberline Lodge and Mt. Hood. How about some one stepping up to do this and this forum is a great way to put out the word and perhaps a new thread could be started to solicit ideas for where it should happen. There are many great places out there, we shared ours, now it is time to share yours. We started the planning in March last year for this April's event. Many thanks to Timberline Lodge for the outstanding accommodations, food, beverages, and the Mountain with it's views; to Peter Fuchs who came out to present his fathers story; to the support and participation of the Tucker Family and Corporation; and the behind the scenes help form so many of you; and for the good times you shared.

What???? You mean this really was a once in a lifetime deal with great people, great machines, great snow (just for us), great food and great lodge??:neutral: Glad I made it work!:whistling::clap:

(It's going to be damn near impossible to get to the level that bar was raised though . . .) :flowers:

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
What???? You mean this really was a once in a lifetime deal with great people, great machines, great snow (just for us), great food and great lodge??:neutral: Glad I made it work!:whistling::clap:

(It's going to be damn near impossible to get to the level that bar was raised though . . .) :flowers:

You got it Mr. NET. I am glad you made it too and thanks for the goodies you brought out and made. Looks like you and cidertom have the controls and I am sure you could do a bar raise your self.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
now I'm bumbed wished you all could come to share some of my heaven up here lots of ground and no trees. but it cost too much to come here for a meet. I still haven't abandoned the idea for an Iditarod expedition or a serum run expedition.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Perhaps a circuit? Leavenworth, Timberline, ? Anything in S oregon? (crater lake lodge?
\

fabulous, that was my hope for having more sno-cat events, my thoughts on what a event should be, formal/informal, the location will tell you what works and and how large of group you can have, there are so many places a group could go and seems there is someone that knows an area well and could be very helpful in making it very successful. suggested places you might consider, northern Cal-mt shasta, eastern oregon, central idaho, big horn mountains, wyoming. british columbia, you get the idea, i will support anyone that takes on the next event. to all, again thanks to all that came and enjoyed the the meow, tuckerville minion

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
"a vintage lumbersexual fantasy come to life" I thought the writer Edward Niedermeyer hit it on the head.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Use what you want & if you need the originals let me know. Nice to meet you guys!

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
:clap::clap:Thing about being on the East coast i can "BELLY UP" a few hours ahead of you guys !!!!!!:clap:

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

This video features Peter Fuchs driving the Sno-Cat "Rock and Roll" which is the machine his father drove across Antarctica in '57-58. You gatta love a reunion.

Too bad you did not bring your 421 as it is the same as the one in your first video. Sure glad that you came to the Meow.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
OKAY, sno-cat crazy people, plans are coming together for an 2 events in the NW that will make cats meow look like a resort outing,

2016, FABULOUS location with super access for all. Will be happening in March, on a tuesday/wednesday, RV, trailer, snow camping, sleeping in the back of your cat, motel/hotels very close by. lots and lots of area to sno-cat, big litter box!
BEST OF ALL, a low budget gathering filled with priceless adventures.

2017, even better than 2016 and it will be in central idaho,

stay tuned, and get your machines repaired, restored, and if you do not have one, better get one, better yet, two.

tuckerville minion

Last edited:

it's all about downhill

Nuts
GOLD Site Supporter
OKAY, sno-cat crazy people, plans are coming together for an 2 events in the NW that will make cats meow look like a resort outing,

2016, FABULOUS location with super access for all. Will be happening in March, on a tuesday/wednesday, RV, trailer, snow camping, sleeping in the back of your cat, motel/hotels very close by. lots and lots of area to sno-cat, big litter box!
BEST OF ALL, a low budget gathering filled with priceless adventures.

2017, even better than 2016 and it will be in central idaho,

stay tuned, and get your machines repaired, restored, and if you do not have one, better get one, better yet, two.

tuckerville minion

Waxing my skis in anticipation
Fred

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
All you sno-cat crazed folks, there will be a Cats Meow mixer next year, May 5, 6 and 7 th, 2016. Friday and Saturday nights, and running on Mount Hood, Friday - Sunday.

This event will be a smaller, far less organized, no big dinners, no T-shirts, no speakers, just a get together of great friends, and lots of cat time and fantastic views.

This event will be at Silxox Hut, reservations are now open, the rate for each night is $115.00 and that includes breakfast, ( regular rate is $205 ) and the three day on hill cat ticket will be $65.00. Lunch and Dinner will be on your own, you can eat in the lodge, down in Government Camp and or further down the mountain.

Call Chelsea at 503-272-3267, I would call sooner than later, as there is a limited number of beds available, otherwise you can always stay the lodge, really want this to be a great time at Silcox Hut. remember call now and see ya at the Hut with your Cat. Come for the day, one night or stay for all three days, just come and have a good time.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
One slight modification to GPB message above: It will be May 6th,7th, and 8th. There are three kinds of people; those that can count and those can not count.

Note sweet reminder from Cat's Meow 2015:

Attachments

• DSCN2584.jpg
    DSCN2584.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 364