• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

BACK OFF, Waze

I occasionally find Waze to be useful. I used it for the first time in a while today, and discovered that the antiseptic female voice I've been perfectly happy with had been replaced by something with more personality. Too MUCH personality. Think: Barry White coming on to Pam Grier. When I arrived, Barry said, in his most You-know-you-I-want-you-naked Barry voice: "You've reached your destination. I can't join you from here. But remember - it's all about the journey. Not the destination."

If you think you need the "You know I want you naked" Barry voice, A) keep it to yourself. B) it's the "70s DJ" option on the Waze voice roster.

Carry on.

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't even know what that is.
I've been too busy lately attempting to figure out the META AI thing on Facebook, which is annoying as hell.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Waze is awesome but uses a lot of my "data" so I typically use Apple Maps.

Apple Maps doesn't chew up my smartphone data plan. But Waze is much better for instant traffic updates, police activity, etc.

I have not noticed a voice change, but the last time I used Waze was probably at least a month ago.