• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Alpine Cat Jamboree 2022

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
seriously guys, heard only a few folks have signed up, this a great part of the country to snow cat in, and everyone that has gone just raves about how beautiful it is, Jesse does a good job on organizing it and this year he got the lodge/inn to open up, they are typically closed in the winter, this is quite special, so everyone will get to gather for food and evenings by the fire, the snow cat group will have the place to themselves, how great is that !!!

so how about the snow trac mafia getting a few of its members together and come on out....

this event should have 20 plus cats every year, easy to get to...so, get a room at the lodge/inn and dust off the cat

Last edited:

Thefatsquatch

seriously guys, heard only a few folks have signed up, this a great part of the country to snow cat in, and everyone that has gone just raves about how beautiful it is, Jesse does a good job on organizing it and this year he got the lodge/inn to open up, they are typically closed in the winter, this is quite special, so everyone will get to gathering for food and evenings by the fire, the snow cat group will have the place to themselves, how great is that !!!

so how about the snow trac mafia getting a few of its members together and come on out....

this event should have 20 plus cats every year, easy to get to...so, get a room at the lodge/inn and dust off the cat
We are super excited to go, but can’t sign up just yet. I’ll call both the lodge and the caterer and make sure they hold a spot for us, but I have to wait until after the first of the year to see which weekends my kids’ mom chooses 😐.

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
I am going to miss out. We had an awesome time last year even though it ended in failure and leaving a day earlier. We have family in town that weekend so we will have to catch up another time...

Hey, I only live one town away from you. I know you drive past my place to meet up with your business partner :D
Hey, sorry we won't be seeing you this year at the Jamboree , maybe next year! Yeah, one of these times I'll have to stop by, catch up on you and your cat aka the Doomsday cat.

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey everyone! Pontoon Princess speaks the truth about this event. Should be a great weekend with terrain that most people don't get to experience just every day.

So far we only have a couple of last year's attendees signed up but we do have some new cats signed up for this year. So based on having a high percentage of new attendees we will probably stick to a schedule like last year. Which would be a day climb up the summit of Mt. Howard for a great view. Another day will be an adventure out the Salt Creek Summit loop which usually provides deep snow and a mixed bag as far as terrain. And Monday (the half day) will most likely be just a freestyle play day at another local spot to the area. Exact location TBD.

If you have signed up or are thinking of signing up please get in direct contact with me. I want to be able to get event posters for each registered cat owner and I need to get a head count so I can put in the order.

So far the snow depths at these locations have exceeded every other year that we've had the event. And some of the upper elevations already have over 3 ft. Should be great conditions for what we want to do.

Hope to see you there!

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Got both the Frandee and the Kitten, as well as the truck and trailer, all ready to go (serviced/repaired/etc), just need to load the cats now and get fuel. Will be heading out of Pocatello at around 7 am on Friday (1/14), getting to Boise around 10:30-11 am and Ontario around noon if anyone is interested in meeting up and driving together (cat caravan).

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
A heads up for anybody that might be on the fence about signing up... Tomorrow (January 10th) will be the last day to register and to be part of the lodge package. It doesn't mean that you cannot come if you decide after the 10th it just means that you'd have to be on your own for meals and lodging.

If anybody has any questions about this event please feel free to reply here or message me.

Rock'n BK

SUPER Site Supporter
Here is what I am bringing.......
A lot of tools! A tow strap winches blocks first aid kits fire extinguisher more tools

1 each of the following.....
1958 Tucker 443 that hasn’t been on the snow for 35 years!
One guy 1971 vintage
And my buddy.

Looking forward to powder and great times!!!

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Almost ready to head out, one day left to fix stuff. Had a crisis today, my truck had an issue, I was ready to call and cancel, but was able to find the problem and fix it. Should be good to go now. Cats are loaded and fueled up, ready to crush some Oregon snow flakes!!!!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Almost ready to head out, one day left to fix stuff. Had a crisis today, my truck had an issue, I was ready to call and cancel, but was able to find the problem and fix it. Should be good to go now. Cats are loaded and fueled up, ready to crush some Oregon snow flakes!!!!
OMG, you found out our super secret, secret, yes, we are snowflakes !!!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
made it to Wallowa Lake Lodge today about 2:30pm, absolutely great old lodge, built in 1923 and extremely well cared for, the staff is unbelievable and so welcoming. could not ask for a better place to stay...many have arrived and good group of folks, and more are coming, looking forward to snow catting about tomorrow. I counted 9 cats

tempImageWHajuo.png

tempImageWHajuo.pngtempImageZG3Qra.pngtempImageOLfleE.pngtempImagezffwyJ.pngtempImageRd0zfk.pngCB3B2DB0-F643-4191-9AD6-40E3B6C0ECA1.jpegtempImageT6mFEk.pngtempImage8zomLf.png

Last edited:

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Well day one is behind us now, what a GREAT adventure it was. Here are a few pictures. As many of you remember from last year I put together the damage report, this will be forthcoming for this year after the jamboree, and it should be a good one.

IMG_20220115_102720730_HDR.jpgIMG_20220115_102801177_HDR.jpgIMG_20220115_102808882_HDR.jpgIMG_20220115_102917813.jpgIMG_20220115_102946190_HDR.jpgIMG_20220115_103143421_HDR.jpg

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Up on top of Mt Howard. What a great day for me, last year the conditions were not good for the Frandee and I had to park it about a mile below and catch a ride in a Tucker, it was a humbling day. But this year she made it!!!!
I estimate with all the running around we drove around 15 miles today, and I do not know how many thousands of feet in elevation we climbed, but it was several. Some of the trail was very steep with tight S turns. Sorry no pictures of that, was busy just driving at that time.

IMG_20220115_130159320.jpgIMG_20220115_130201503.jpgIMG_20220115_131344584_HDR.jpgIMG_20220115_131450841_HDR.jpgIMG_20220115_133527629_HDR.jpgIMG_20220115_131507075.jpg

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
If you remember last year, the kitten broke down when two welds sheared on the left side pontoon drive hub and it had to be towed out. This year that little cat went further than any, as it was just going everywhere.
BTW, happy 24th birthday to my son, the driver of the Kitten.IMG_20220115_130644199.jpgIMG_20220115_130744175.jpgIMG_20220115_130502984.jpg

nikos

Wallowa Lake Lodge.

Attachments

• tempImageZG3Qra.png
    tempImageZG3Qra.png
    10.6 MB · Views: 91
  • tempImageOLfleE.png
    tempImageOLfleE.png
    11.7 MB · Views: 84
  • tempImagezffwyJ.png
    tempImagezffwyJ.png
    12 MB · Views: 84
  • tempImageT6mFEk.png
    tempImageT6mFEk.png
    11.2 MB · Views: 96
  • tempImage8zomLf.png
    tempImage8zomLf.png
    13.8 MB · Views: 94
  • tempImagegA2qTi.png
    tempImagegA2qTi.png
    11.9 MB · Views: 98
  • tempImageVYfH0e.png
    tempImageVYfH0e.png
    7.7 MB · Views: 83
  • tempImagekEaWA7.png
    tempImagekEaWA7.png
    13.2 MB · Views: 87

vintagebike

Most important questions. How did the ‘ For Sale’ Kristi do? More info on iit please. Might need another one. 🙀🤡🤪

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Most important questions. How did the ‘ For Sale’ Kristi do? More info on iit please. Might need another one. 🙀🤡🤪
he killed it and embarrassed the tuckers, great machine and truly under appreciated and even more, under valued, good machine.

what is really great about these gatherings, getting to see these machines in action and thusly, dispels falsehoods, rumors and outright lies about many of these snow cats, Kristis are very capable machines and can give a snow trac, a run for its money, and keeps up nicely with any and all snow cats, matter of fact, the Kristi led the pack with no problem, king of the snow.

for folks, that has never attended a jamboree, like Joesph, the greatest 10 cat jubilee gathering, get your act together and come, join in, bring your cat and be ready to use it.

Last edited:

Ahillock

What a great turnout and a great group of people! I really enjoyed joining along on Saturday in my AstroSpryte! What other events are coming up in the next few months that should be attended?

Attachments

• 21A4EB10-A4BD-4DE6-8CA7-03C36BA34515.jpeg
    21A4EB10-A4BD-4DE6-8CA7-03C36BA34515.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 85
  • 84423CEC-3A28-4DB7-A55E-00FABCC8034B.jpeg
    84423CEC-3A28-4DB7-A55E-00FABCC8034B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 83
  • 8FD4A7C9-7E53-425F-A482-0E402F8BC045.jpeg
    8FD4A7C9-7E53-425F-A482-0E402F8BC045.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 81

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
What a great turnout and a great group of people! I really enjoyed joining along on Saturday in my AstroSpryte! What other events are coming up in the next few months that should be attended?
the Clowder in upper Michigan is up next, 3 days of catting about, pretty dang sure you would fit right in and have a grand time,

next up is the NH tracked vehicle show in Thornton NH, I day, jammed packed adventure, every kind of over the snow rig is there, a can't miss event if you live snow cat

then back out west in early March is the Colorado jamboree, Vail pass area, nothing been posted yet, they always get all the locals to come out, 30 plus machines

last known one, is in central Idaho, 4 days of catting. mid march

Last edited: