• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2023 Vintage snow cat Clowder

alryA

Yes same or similar (post *the-Vid* program)

Thursday will be the Bayfield peninsula run ( Wisconsin ) first time Treasure hunt and GEO caching, Poker run event

Friday The Lake run to include Cooper peak and Black River Water Shed

Saturday Big powder horn facility ( the Clowder proper including dinner program )

Sunday Individual group outings and new area exploring.

There is some chatter of a winter camp out, Location to Be Determined.
So I'd assume you guys will be driving your cats north from the BRL on Friday morning, correct? (not trailering to Copper peak parking lot)

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
So I'd assume you guys will be driving your cats north from the BRL on Friday morning, correct? (not trailering to Copper peak parking lot)
ill be trailering, I was warned of a couple anti snowmobile home owners. If they see a cat track and follow it, It will be the snow cat that is the problem

TuckerKurt

as wel head into the holiday season i feel an update is in order
If you are travelling in for the event in February. feel free to post up here or send a PM to me if you need assistance with lodging or other questions.

the Black river lodge is filling pretty fast and I will upgrade to a town house if you would like the guest room im in.

diesel Fuel is 3.99 and has been there for a while.

clowder ville has received 70 or 80 inches of snow so far this year with great base on the ground.

let it snow!
Hi..we are new this year and are wondering what rooms are available?? Just 2 of us. We r checking out hotels in the area also. Looking forward to the event.

alryA

Hi..we are new this year and are wondering what rooms are available?? Just 2 of us. We r checking out hotels in the area also. Looking forward to the event.
We are too! Like you, we are going to book a room that the Black R lodge but haven't yet. Why rush? :LOL:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is an exclusive booking link for your group: https://bit.ly/reserveclowder23 This is the Black river lodge.

i speculate the facility is likely sold out.

I would advise calling and starting a wait list and begin the search in the village for lodging that suits your needs.
this is our host

I am aware that there are a large amount of ABNB ( air bed and breakfast) in the area.

Bessemer and iron wood MI have traditional franchise hotel and motel offerings.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
previous post #39 addresses the lodging on goings.

Here is another interesting bit that makes the midwest event interesting.

Description of the link:
the preceding wednesday has what is regionally called the *arrowhead Groomer show* (AGS) it has become the nationally recognized event to release NEW grooming equipment. New pulling units, new drag technology, technique and training seminars ect.

the AGS is a hands on event. Food provided and fully sponsored reception or better stated meet and greet the night beforehand.

Personally I find it a great addition to the Over the Snow week long experience. Operate the newest on wednesday and then cruise the wilds of the upper midwest in some of the oldest operating machines in existence the rest of the week.

The walk around show on Saturday is special in its own way.

Lots of snow
Lots or sponsorship swag (Two manufactures to date)
The Thursday trail ride has an interesting surprise *event within an event* unfolding.
Confirmed winter Camping settlement * inquire privately for the coordinates and contact info*

Please refrain from sharing this information in *other social media streams* Cross Posting This event is tacky, the event suffers when the wrong crowd consumes this content and then heads out on their own and upsets what is a delicate land use issue in the region.

Nort Woods

GOLD Site Supporter
You guys will have an awesome time. We have have been getting a lot of snow here in Bayfield County and I’m sure they are getting more to the east! Be safe and please post some photos / video of this years outing!

Nortwoods

Hi All,
As of late last night, all private rooms and townhouses in the Lodge are reserved. We have 6 hostel beds still available, which are best for single travelers or maybe a couple if they are cool splitting a bunk bed. (FYI, No pets in hostel as its simply not set up that way.)

There are some third-party owned townhouses across the parking lot that I have 2 groups possibly booking, but if I hear that they are not going to take them then I'll pass along the links for them tomorrow. Give me a day to check around with my connections and I will get back to you here with some alternate options for small business lodging or neighbor's rental properties. I would much rather recommend fellow small business lodging or my neighbor's rental homes if I can.

Andddd the countdown to Clowder weekend begins...

Stay Tuned,
-Brittany
BRL Innkeeper

alryA

We tried to but failed to get some participants to join us in a townhouse at the BL lodge so I'll try here.. PM me today ifr you like to join us there, or we will grab a motel in Ironwood this evening. The TH is 180 per night, two nights minim but that's all we are staying anyway. Anyone here interested in that?

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
We tried to but failed to get some participants to join us in a townhouse at the BL lodge so I'll try here.. PM me today ifr you like to join us there, or we will grab a motel in Ironwood this evening. The TH is 180 per night, two nights minim but that's all we are staying anyway. Anyone here interested in that?
there will be some right sizing of rooms happening soon i am sure.

@redsqwrl Just curious what you mean by that? Do you mean cancellations? I haven't heard of any that might be... have you?

We still have 6 hostel beds open if anyone wants them.

Update on other accommodations nearby:

Across our parking lot are some third party owned townhouses.. I know 2 of them rent out via VRBO. If you want to be close to the rest of the group, you will want to inquire on these. FYI - Both do not accept dogs. Sounds like both are running around $180 per night, but don't quote me on that.
#101 - https://www.vrbo.com/2257193
#102 - https://www.vrbo.com/9284858

3 miles away - Our friends down at Powderhound Lodge also said they have one room left open that weekend as of right now.. Not sure what type or price. They are minutes to Powderhorn. Google them and Call Anne.

3 miles away - Big Powderhorn Lodging Assc. told me they have about 12 villas/homes left starting around $300 per night that weekend.

Wakefield - SnowChaser's Lodge in Wakefield said they have a few openings that weekend as well and they also have a large parking lot that can handle rigs/trailers. A little further out.. but another fellow small business lodge.

The only other places I'd recommend in town that would have enough parking space is Americinn & Quality Inn.

ZiggyGrooms

Got my Townhouse booked at BRL for Thurs-Sun. First time bringing a Cat(s)....

Trying to decide if I should try to make it up partway Wed night or if I can make the 5 hr ride Thurs am. What time do the festivities kick off on Thurs and approx what is the location?

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Got my Townhouse booked at BRL for Thurs-Sun. First time bringing a Cat(s)....

Trying to decide if I should try to make it up partway Wed night or if I can make the 5 hr ride Thurs am. What time do the festivities kick off on Thurs and approx what is the location?

I am usually one of the last into town thursday A.M. the outings go out in waves of folks. the morning people will get out and plow out access and light fires as needed. the sleepy heads and folks that need a jumpstart to get going will head out later and play catch up.
I am a catch up type of guy due to my day job.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The Thursday outing is a new endeavor, it has a quite a few interesting items I can't share, but I can encourage you to use the fancy pants web site to register so we get you the info you need.

See you in the snow 14 day count down is loomming