• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2023 Vintage snow cat Clowder

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It is that time of the year again to put out the message and open invite. The first weekend in February, Thursday through Sunday.

*Clowder in the powder, 2023*

Event is a centrally located snow cat outing or Get Together in Bessemer MI. This Region of the USA gets a significant amount of lake effect snow off of lake superior.
4-5 hours north of Chicago.
4 hours north and just a little east of Minneapolis
Event T shirt
Event Beverage ( both adult and children)

Lodging details to follow.

Black river lodge is becoming a sort of a Hub.
Many families prefer the chalet experience. Powder horn is running a 15% booking event and if you have been to the event in the past please chime in on your experience.
The Event happens in the upper peninsula of Michigan with snow catting day trips up the Bayfield peninsula of Wisconsin. Group outings range from mild to wild. ( towing is minimal )

Attachments

• craig tucker.jpg
    craig tucker.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 116
  • kicker and company.jpg
    kicker and company.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 113

NDPilot

SUPER Site Supporter
Hello Clowder fans. Much discussion was had last February about utilizing the Black River Lodge as a central location. Part of that would be to get a package price on the whole lodge. I had a nice visit with Brittany today about just that. Our organizing group would like to get your input and even some commitments to stay there so we can make a deal by the end of October. Please refer to the 2022 and 2021 Clowder threads to see some of what we've done in the past.
What say you?
Thanks,
NDPILOT

Attachments

• IMG_20220203_133234.jpg
    IMG_20220203_133234.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_20220204_142806.jpg
    IMG_20220204_142806.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 96

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I say ABSOLUTELY!
Hello Clowder fans. Much discussion was had last February about utilizing the Black River Lodge as a central location. Part of that would be to get a package price on the whole lodge. I had a nice visit with Brittany today about just that. Our organizing group would like to get your input and even some commitments to stay there so we can make a deal by the end of October. Please refer to the 2022 and 2021 Clowder threads to see some of what we've done in the past.
What say you?
Thanks,
NDPILOT
I say absolutely!!! :thumbup:

Gannon

What say you?
Thanks,
NDPILOT
We are planning to stay at lodge

Hello Snow Cat Crew!

Brittany here with Black River Lodge. Thanks for being patient with us while we were closed between seasons and enjoying some much needed downtime. It was a BUSY summer! We just reopened yesterday and are jumping back into things.

Good news, we are ready for your bookings and look forward to having you all here in February!!

Here is an exclusive booking link for your group: https://bit.ly/reserveclowder23

We went this route as it seemed like the easiest way for you all to reserve the room you want securely and at your convenience. There are some minor limitations though as exclusive blocks requires everyone to book the same exact dates online.... see below:

If you are traveling here only for Friday and Saturday - there is nothing more you will need to do except make a booking in the room, townhouse or hostel bed of your choice.

For those of you traveling up early or staying only one night - Please use this link to book the Friday & Saturday night stay in the room, townhouse or hostel bed of your choice. Once complete, simply send me an email (reservations@blackriverlodge.net) or text message (906-932-3857) and include the additional dates you want to stay, OR dates to remove if you are staying one night. I will make the change within 24 hours (usually within a few hours) and send an updated folio. Easy-peasy!

We currently have Wed. Feb 1 - Sun. Feb 5 exclusively held for your group. The hope is your group rents the entire lodge or very close to it for at least Friday/Saturday. However, if that does not happen, rooms not reserved will be released to the general public on 1/15/2022. .....We love being your hub! Book us out PLEASEEEE! ;):)

All standard policies and minimum nights will apply. A $50 nonrefundable deposit will be collected at the time of booking.
If you have any general questions or have any issues using the link above, please reach out to me.

A few notes:
Minimum nights: Townhouses are a strict 2 night minimum. All other rooms are flexible.

Multi-night Discount: All reservations of 2+ nights, except hostel beds, are eligible for a multi-night discount (5% off 2 nights, 10% off 3 nights, 15% off 4+ nights). This is automatically included in the 2 night rate shown online and there nothing you need to do. If you add/remove nights, your rate will change accordingly.

Travel Protection Program: Please call me to reserve if you are interested in travel protection (program that covers you in case of qualifying cancellation: https://worryfreebookings.com/resnexus.html). Unfortunately, these reservations cannot be added using the link above and coverage cannot be added after the fact. Standard policies will apply for all "protected" reservations, except they are nonrefundable within 14 days of arrival, and 100% due up front instead of our standard deposit.

Lodge Updates:
#1 I'm sure some of you have been following on Social Media and know what's new. If you have not, some changes have been made! Our pool facility was permanently closed earlier this year (sad, we know!), and we constructed a new event room/multi-purpose space in its place. While your group does not have this space rented for a formal event, we want you to know that it will still be available for you to use as more of an expanded hangout space. Bring your camp chairs! We have pickleball and cornhole for something fun to pass the time. Eventually, we plan to add basketball and other yard type games. Don't forget, we still have a couple of billiard tables, foosball, darts, and games/puzzles around the lodge. Plenty to do!

#2 We are in the process of constructing a new bar lounge... UPSTAIRS!! :cool: This new space is in the Birch Lounge and also includes a future general store and updated catering kitchen. All set to open in Summer 2023. This won't affect you much during your stay, however, this will be the last year the "old" bar downstairs will be in use. While we are transition this season, we are serving beer and wine only. Sorry, by Michigan law you cannot bring your own alcohol of any kind into the bar or common spaces due to licensing. (Don't shoot the messenger please.)

Again, happy to help in any way needed! See you all SOON!

NDPilot

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm signed up and ready to go. Looking forward to seeing you all there. Also the cat is ready except maybe for a backup camera to keep an eye on Squirrel when I'm towing him back to civilization. :ROFLMAO:

You guys are on it! We appreciate you!! ❤

Here's what we have left to reserve:
*6 Hostel Beds (FYI, can add a sheet/blanket set for $5 if you don't want to bring sleeping bags)
*#12 - Woodland - (1 king, 2 doubles, 1 bathrm; am willing to charge single king rate for this room if a couple books and does not use 2 double beds, let me know!)
*#30 - Sunrise Pines (1 queen, 1 double, 1 twin, 2 bathrm)
*Townhouse 2 (King, 3 queen, sofa bed, 2 bathrm, kitchen)
*Townhouse 3 (King, 3 queen, sofa bed 2 bathrm, kitchen)
*Townhouse 4 (King, 1 double, 2 twin, sofa bed, 2 bathrm, kitchen)

Really looking forward to catching up with all of you again!

Side story: Justin (my husband if you're new here) shops for cats daily lately and has been begging to go buy one! I keep telling him "not yet", but I wouldn't be surprised if one shows up in the backyard at this point 😆

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
You guys are on it! We appreciate you!! ❤

Here's what we have left to reserve:
*6 Hostel Beds (FYI, can add a sheet/blanket set for $5 if you don't want to bring sleeping bags)
*#12 - Woodland - (1 king, 2 doubles, 1 bathrm; am willing to charge single king rate for this room if a couple books and does not use 2 double beds, let me know!)
*#30 - Sunrise Pines (1 queen, 1 double, 1 twin, 2 bathrm)
*Townhouse 2 (King, 3 queen, sofa bed, 2 bathrm, kitchen)
*Townhouse 3 (King, 3 queen, sofa bed 2 bathrm, kitchen)
*Townhouse 4 (King, 1 double, 2 twin, sofa bed, 2 bathrm, kitchen)

Really looking forward to catching up with all of you again!

Side story: Justin (my husband if you're new here) shops for cats daily lately and has been begging to go buy one! I keep telling him "not yet", but I wouldn't be surprised if one shows up in the backyard at this point 😆
so what color are you partial too......?

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
as wel head into the holiday season i feel an update is in order
If you are travelling in for the event in February. feel free to post up here or send a PM to me if you need assistance with lodging or other questions.

the Black river lodge is filling pretty fast and I will upgrade to a town house if you would like the guest room im in.

diesel Fuel is 3.99 and has been there for a while.

clowder ville has received 70 or 80 inches of snow so far this year with great base on the ground.

let it snow!

alryA

We reside an hour away and like to attend again. Is anyone bringing there dogs this year? Kids?
old cats9957.jpg

alryA

as wel head into the holiday season i feel an update is in order
If you are travelling in for the event in February. feel free to post up here or send a PM to me if you need assistance with lodging or other questions.

the Black river lodge is filling pretty fast and I will upgrade to a town house if you would like the guest room im in.

diesel Fuel is 3.99 and has been there for a while.

clowder ville has received 70 or 80 inches of snow so far this year with great base on the ground.

let it snow!
Mike, are we doing the same itinerary as past years? Friday ride in WI? Saturday ride down to the lake?

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes same or similar (post *the-Vid* program)

Thursday will be the Bayfield peninsula run ( Wisconsin ) first time Treasure hunt and GEO caching, Poker run event

Friday The Lake run to include Cooper peak and Black River Water Shed

Saturday Big powder horn facility ( the Clowder proper including dinner program )

Sunday Individual group outings and new area exploring.

There is some chatter of a winter camp out, Location to Be Determined.

alryA

Yes same or similar (post *the-Vid* program)

Thursday will be the Bayfield peninsula run ( Wisconsin ) first time Treasure hunt and GEO caching, Poker run event

Friday The Lake run to include Cooper peak and Black River Water Shed

Saturday Big powder horn facility ( the Clowder proper including dinner program )

Sunday Individual group outings and new area exploring.

There is some chatter of a winter camp out, Location to Be Determined.
What time do you think will everyone head out on Friday's run?

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
direct answer, we shoot for 9am. weather chases us one way or the other.

Funny answer here:
Last year we went out in two groups. early group went out with a documentary crew to shoot content for that Yooper life segment. ( they mobilized at 7am and were out there and moving at 8:30) the second wave went out and caught up to them up on cooper peak. they headed out from the base at 10AM ( funny story) I was back at the lodge trashing my room looking for the keys that were hanging around my neck....... Its ok I drive a snow cat that goes much faster than 6 MPH so I was able to catch up.

If I know you are running late, we can keep a couple folks back and make a third wave

alryA

I you guys are going the run down to the lake with the bomb fire grilling etc, etc, we'd like to be there for that. So either we will make reservations for Thursday night, or head Ironwood way early enough to get out with you. Thanks for the update! I'd post more pictures but I lost my camera last time there. :cry:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I you guys are going the run down to the lake with the bomb fire grilling etc, etc, we'd like to be there for that. So either we will make reservations for Thursday night, or head Ironwood way early enough to get out with you. Thanks for the update! I'd post more pictures but I lost my camera last time there. :cry:
The fire and grill at the lake is Friday>

we have the black river lodge on lock down. They are giving a room rate, and have provided both banquet spaces for our night cap on-goings and carrying on. It is snow cat in and out friendly

alryA

OK, I managed to locate more photos from the last clowder we attended. Not to be confused with BEING any good.
oldcats144623427.jpg
oldcats48105.jpg
oldcats41328347_HDR.jpg

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nelson Cat , you are not baiting me into the radio conversation.... giggle giggle... having them and having people use them are two separate threads.... I swear that the giant copper vein under clowderville messes with folks ability to key the microphone..

suppose it could be iron ore ......