• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2021 food shortage

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Been reading about food shortages coming. I do a lot of work in Can plants and Canneries. I was in several local can plants with lines shut down this week that should be running full capacity to build stock for the canneries that start packing in July. The reason given, is a metal shortage is preventing them from making the cans. I don't know how long it will continue or if its effecting other areas of the country. Its cause to pay attention.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We have more than food shortages to attend to. Metal shortages mean auto production, Metal Buildings, metal structures, Bridges and all that infrastructure stuff the Biden people have been promising, all depend on cheap and available steel.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
This will hit the news soon as another "crisis" the gubmit needs to solve for us. When it does, the store shelves will again be empty from panic buying. Stupid lemmings will fall over the cliff edge because they followed the leading pied piper of the day. In their blind stupidity, they will look to the government for rescue. And give up theirs and my civil liberties to gain it.

For the last three years, my family has been slowly setting us up for off grid living backed up with tons of survival gear and food. I spent much of my childhood on a farm with no running water or power. Power tools, chainsaws, solar panels and the internet, were non existent. Somehow we stayed warm in winter, cool in summer, lean on the bone, and ready to do hard labor to survive,,,; and prosper. Spoiled as I am by the comforts of modernity, I can easily accept that meager lifestyle yet today.

We did have clocks but our daily routines were paced to the seasons and the weather. Instead of trading time for money, we traded hard labor for the satisfaction of a good hearty meal, one we pulled from the earth ourselves, with time for prayer and family.

When the SHTF we won't need the support of a community, grocery chain or electric power station. But I gotta say, I will sure miss the amenities of modernity. Let us hope such a disaster, as would predicate such a life style, never happens.

Some put their money in a retirement nest egg. Good for them. However, if TSHTF Money in the bank will be worthless. And your SS checks will be also. So be careful how you plan for disaster. I for one believe such an event is coming...;Soon.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We had been bringing down our food supplies, started shopping from our shelves instead of shopping from the stores. And then I reloaded my freezers and now I'm rebuilding my food supplies. Trouble signs on the horizon. I don't think we will have long-term empty store shelves, but just hedging against much higher prices and short-terms spot shortages of some types of goods.

I need more corned beef hash ... that was wiped off the shelf at my local grocer, which surprised me. Pretty much all the other meals/meats in cans were in stock, except my beloved corned beef hash!