• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1953 Tucker Sno Cat 443 Mt Washington WMTW Channel 8 Restoration

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It’s starting to speak to me. Few different ideas and locations to blend the roof seam. The donor has more material and is nicer but want keep as much of the OE roof and lettering as possible. How nice we can get the front will dictate the direction.

Orig and donor parts playing nicely so far….
IMG_3709.jpeg
IMG_3710.jpeg
IMG_3711.jpeg
IMG_3712.jpeg
IMG_3713.jpeg
IMG_3714.jpeg
IMG_3716.jpeg
IMG_3717.jpeg
IMG_3718.jpeg
IMG_3719.jpeg
IMG_3720.jpeg
IMG_3715.jpeg

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Marty has started to reveal the external finish. With the body mocked up I was curious as to how the finish the exterior.

Wanted to get the graffiti off the bare aluminum or what appeared to be bare…..

Before:

IMG_2676.jpeg

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Love ❤️, orange 🍊🧡 microfiber towels, goof off overspray remover, acetone, and pure carbuna wax was the trick for first pass.

From what I can tell it left MT Washington orange. At some point the side panel Tucker Sno Cat logo was masked off and it was painted silver or maybe primer? There is clearly red which has more on the other side yet to reveal itself. Seems like the silver was on for a bit before it became red because it appears the red on bare metal stuck but the rest baked off in the sun. I think the passenger side was the shade side so stay tuned…

Now that I can see the finish, I tested striping the donor body which went smooth.

The vision is coming together and the finishes will be a living storyboard of it’s rich history from Oregon, to Sno Cat Corp of NH, to MT Washington, to WMTW, to Wildcat Mountain?, to logging operation in Bethel, Maine ??, to Ayotte’s Junkyard Oxford, ME, to East Coast Preserve Haverhill, MA, to be shared for the future!

Marty on the Mountain and beyond! Great tribute finish for his legacy as the Summit of the project 202?

Very cool.
IMG_3751.jpeg
IMG_3745.jpeg
IMG_3748.jpeg
IMG_3749.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: PJL