• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Why is the Covid Vaccine so slow to rollout?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I got my first shot on Jan 25, second shot 4 weeks later.

Here in the US there is now an abundance of vaccine and an overabundance of FEAR in selected groups of people.

The Delta/Indian variant has a case mortality rate of approximately 0.8%, basically that is about the same as the seasonal flu. It does appear to spread faster than other variants. But it does not seem to be more deadly. If the rest of the vulnerable population would get vaccinated we'd be done with this whole mess, even in the liberal states that are still under restrictions.

Anyone who wants a vaccine jab now can walk into most chain pharmacies in the nation and get one, free.

Ceee

Site Supporter
Here in the US there is now an abundance of vaccine and an overabundance of FEAR in selected groups of people.
Yes

Anyone who wants a vaccine jab now can walk into most chain pharmacies in the nation and get one, free.
I really like that people can just go into a pharmacy and get the vaccine now. I think a lot of the problem with getting people vaccinated had to do with all the hoops they had to jump through, there's the computer access problem too. Lots of rural area people just don't use computers and cell phones like many of us do.

Edit to Add: This is one of the things in the infrastructure bill that I agree with. Of course, some of it I think should be trashed.

t will bring affordable, reliable, high-speed broadband to every American, including the more than 35 percent of rural Americans who lack access to broadband at minimally acceptable speeds,” the plan reads.

Last edited:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My daughter walked into a pharmacy yesterday and got the shot. In and out quickly.

A couple articles I've seen that don't look too positively on getting the vaccine.