• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Why Bill Gates is Now the Biggest US Farmland Owner

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree farm land can be a good investment over a long term.
Maybe tax advantages for his heirs?
I would be interested in knowing what the longer term idea is. Bill is not a young man anymore.

Regards, Kirk

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree farm land can be a good investment over a long term.
Maybe tax advantages for his heirs?
I would be interested in knowing what the longer term idea is. Bill is not a young man anymore.

Regards, Kirk
Bill is 20 years younger than I am and I don't consider myself old.

i would guess over the long term his plan s leaving it as is and renting it out.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bill is 20 years younger than I am and I don't consider myself old.

i would guess over the long term his plan s leaving it as is and renting it out
Bill is controversial. He makes some not so mainstream comments about world population, and climate change.
This of course has some worried about what he might be up to.
But in the end I suspect your correct in your analysis.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Land is the one thing they aren't making more of. I wish I had the money to invest in acreage.

I wonder how much of the land these megalomaniacs is buying qualifies for the Federal CRP program. We the taxpayers are probably paying them money just for them to sit their and grow their net worth.

The system is broken.

Reactions: Doc