• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Unwanted house guest.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We had an unwanted guest over the weekend. He was given an eviction notice and finally complied yesterday.

We have a side entrance door beside the kitchen that opens to the dog run outside. Last Friday, we found the door left open by one of the kids. Later that evening our daughter came to us saying that something was moving inside the laundry room which is right across the hall from the entrance. We go in there and find this guy sitting in a small box ontop of the washing machine. We had a larger rat trap which I set with peanut butter. We closed the door and left him in there with the trap but he had no interest in the peanut butter we used as bait. So on Tuesday, we called an exterminator. He came and set a bunch of traps but the little bugger again had no interest in it. So yesterday I had the idea of putting a small piece of dog food on the traps. Within an hour, SNAP! SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK. We got him. We also had a live trap set but he didn't take the bait.
IMG_12112020_082120_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
IMG_12112020_082108_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
IMG_12112020_081506_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Last year I got one that I think the cat brought in because 1- he has done it before and I saw it and 2-after I caught it I never got another one. I did battle with it for 3 weeks. I tried everything even home made traps with no luck. Finally got him with a hidden rat and snake glue board that I placed where he had beed visiting. Nasty little bastards.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Poor little fella, but he clearly needed eviction.

I try to do the live traps when I can, but there are some realities to rural life and some critters just don't cooperate with the live traps.

As the weather is turning cooler I'm getting ready for the annual influx of field mice that want to make my home theirs.

Ceee

Site Supporter
That has to better than a skunk. I had a skunk crawl into my dryer vent a good while back. He smelled up my whole laundry room. When I turned on the dryer, he finally decided it was too hot and got the hell out of Dodge and waddled down the driveway. I put one of those vented covers on the vent.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We had a live trap set as well. Now that he's gone, we can hear another one up in the attic running around. No clue how they're getting in. I may have to go up on the roof tomorrow to take a look.