Tucker Foot Brake Sticking

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is the final info that I have found.

Original Part=GM #3773856 1 1/4" Brake Bore 1 1/8" Clutch Bore
I could not cross this to anything but that is the casting number.

Raybestos MC19089 1 1/4" Brake Bore 1 1/4" Clutch Bore
Raybestos MC34404 1 1/8" Brake Bore 1 1/8" Clutch Bore

Centric 130.80018 1 1/4" Brake Bore 1 1/8" Clutch Bore
This would have been off an early 60's C80 or 2 tonish truck.

The Centric part is the correct one but... Centric option is 150$ as well as any other option with 1 1/4" dual bores if you wanted to make the case to step up the clutch bore. These are also not a readily available.

I think the wise experienced Sno-Drifter has already learned a few things for us and is passing it along subtle. The Raybestos MC34404 which has dual 1 1/8" bores is a readily available part and costs under 50$ or 1/3 of the Centric option. Quite possibly the reduction of brake bore size is an improvement due to allowing for a longer pedal throw and could reduce the sticking issue?

That sounds like the way to go. How about the fluid? Brake fluid or other option like ATF?

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I used Centric #130.80003. But my foot brake is ’inactive’. (not there). $46 at carid.com

HankScorpio

I tried ordering the master for the light duty truck. It had both bores the same size. Everything bolted right up and then didn't work. The hydraulic ratio was wrong and I ended up pulling it out and ordering the 2 ton one with the 2 different bores. I was having trouble confirming actual bore diameters so I just ordered one to see what happened with the same reasoning that the pedal travel and feel would be just a bit different. It just plain didn't work. I still have the one that didn't work out in the shop, I can check the part #, I think its in a Raybestos box. I am travelling and won't be back until monday night to take a look. Get the right bores, even if it costs a bit more.

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
Brian putting a smaller bore mastercyl. for brakes will give you a lower and probably soft pedal. Putting in a larger bore than what it came with give you a higher pedal and [harder].
We used to put f450 masters on f350s to give it a much better pedal feel especially if you carried or towed a lot of weight.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Verdict is in. The smaller bore master works. The cab is so tight it gives some more pedal throw I need to get my foot on it. Locks up tight!

Drifter making it great again!