• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

STATE FARM sending out pro-transgender children's books for kindergarten age kids???

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm trying to find out if this is true.

I have 3 auto policies that are with State Farm. I think one of my properties is insured by State Farm.

I have ZERO problem with transgenderism, zero problem with the LGBTQ+ crowd, but I have a problem with companies that won't let 5 year old kids be innocent children. I have issues with companies that use children as political pawns to push whatever their agenda may be. This strikes me as being very very wrong if the story turns out to be true.

The full story is at the link to the Daily Wire above. Here is a portion of the story below:

LEAK: State Farm Said It’s Giving Transgender Books For Five-Year-Olds To Florida Schools, Appears To Backtrack

Mairead ElordiMay 23, 2022
State Farm said it will be donating books that promote transgenderism to Florida schools for children as young as five, a leaked internal email from the company shows.
The car insurance company encouraged its Florida agents to volunteer to receive books about gender identity and donate them to their community schools or public libraries by the end of April. The three books — “A Kids Book About Being Transgender,” “A Kids Book About Being Non-Binary,” and “A Kids Book About Being Inclusive” are intended for kindergarten and above.
“The project’s goal is to increase representation of LGBTQ+ books and support our communities in having challenging, important and empowering conversations with children age 5+,” the internal email reads.
The company has since appeared to backtrack in a statement, saying participating State Farm agents “are not being asked to share with schools,” according to the Washington Examiner.
Concerned State Farm employees leaked the internal email to Consumers’ Research, according to the nonprofit’s Executive Director Will Hild, who reported the story on Twitter. The email is dated January 18 and was sent by Jose Soto, a State Farm corporate responsibility analyst based in Florida.
“This is a fantastic way to give back and an easy project that will help support the LGBTQ+ community and to make the world around us better,” Soto wrote.
State Farm is reportedly partnering with The GenderCool Project for the effort. The goal of the initiative is to “help diversify classroom, community center and library bookshelves with a collection of books to help bring clarity and understanding to the national conversation about Being Transgender, Inclusive, and Non-Binary,” the internal email says.
The insurance giant is deploying the project nationwide, not just in Florida. About 550 State Farm agents and employees will have the opportunity to donate the books to a local teacher, community center, or library, the email said.
However, the company’s efforts to proliferate LGBT books in Florida schools comes after Gov. Ron DeSantis signed the Parental Rights in Education Bill, which is set to go into effect July 1. The bill prohibits classroom instruction on sexual orientation or gender identity for kindergarten through third grade, or in a way that is not age appropriate or developmentally appropriate. Critics have dubbed the bill “Don’t Say Gay” despite the word “gay” not appearing anywhere in the bill text.
Under the new law, books promoting transgenderism such as the ones State Farm is donating would not be allowed in young children’s classrooms.
The email caused a stir on social media, with many Twitter users reacting to the news by saying they would cancel or avoid State Farm insurance policies. . .
State Farm responded to criticism in a statement to the Washington Examiner, saying the books initiative is “strictly voluntary” and that the program’s “strategy” has “evolved.” . . .

chowderman

State Farm did in fact support the group that behind the idea/campaign.
when State Farm was exposed and bashed, they suddenly decided to un-support the effort.
apparently State Farm realized there are other competitive insurance companies that 90+% of the population could use....

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
State Farm did in fact support the group that behind the idea/campaign.
when State Farm was exposed and bashed, they suddenly decided to un-support the effort.
apparently State Farm realized there are other competitive insurance companies that 90+% of the population could use....

Yup, and I contacted my agent while I was confirming the story and voiced a certain amount of displeasure with the campaign, suggesting, loud and slow, that if they actually did go through with this that I'd be switching all my policies. My agent is a friend, taught her kids how to fence, long relationship would have ended over idiotic corporate policy that harms children. Because I am a coach I feel it is my duty to stand up for children and this is the antithesis of helping.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Just curious... which insurance composure is truly apolitical? Is there one?
I use state farm. Send they still support this queen stuff, but not out in the open.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have Erie for home and auto. Just had a claim due to water heater leaking and destroying flooring for entire finished basement. 1700 sq feet Erie has been fantastic. Covered Serv Pro coming out and taking up flooring and putting in blowers for 5 days. Then the adjuster was out and calculated the loss minus our 1000 deductible. Got the check less than a week later. Right in line with cost of contractor doing the complete repair. No clue how much of the US Erie covers.