• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Sounds that are there but you don't normally hear.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What kind of sounds are around your place that you don't pay attention to?
The main one for me is the creek. My shop is near it and the water is always making noise but if I don't think about it, I don't even notice it. I put the Db meter to it yesterday and it's about 20 Db but to me, it's not even there.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
I dont have a meter to check Db but I hear the same sounds daily. The sounds are chickens, cattle, horses, owls, dogs and coyotes.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I dont have a meter to check Db
If you have a smart phone, there's an app you can get. I normally use mine to measure loud sounds but they're good enough to hear really small sounds as well.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Heck, my phone is as dumb as me. I also wear hearing aids because in the past I did a lot of shooting, rode motorcycles with no mufflers, and tuned and drove drag race cars. I am just happy to hear any sounds. Have a goodun!!!!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
My grandfather clock. Even though I am not normally conscious of the chimes, I seem to always inherently know the current time. Even if I wake in the middle of the night. I believe this is because I subconsciously hear the clock.