• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac two band ice scrapers

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
ST4B's had an optional ice scrapper that was never offered on an ST4....And they work well enough!

My machine had them when I bought it. Another member here requested phots of mine, and how they are mounted. I thought maybe other would like to see how they are made and attached. they really seem to work well, as I checked, but never had to clear my sprockets of ice. The clearance at the tip of the scraper is only about 1/8". I have to credit Joe Smolar (He restored this machine some years back) for this modification, although he may have had some help, maybe by our illustrious member Lyndon....

SnowtracIcescrapers003.jpg

SnowtracIcescrapers002.jpg

SnowtracIcescrapers001.jpg

I hope others here will find this a usefull addition, if your having problems.

Best regards, Kirk

nikos

What about big wheel ST4s?

Just my opinon

The Ice Scrapper is ONLY for the Snow tracs with Two 2 band rubber Track (with big wheel or with the set of the boogie wheels)

The Snowtracs with Three 3 band rubber Track had deferend type of Sprocket, and they dont need the Ice Scrapper.

Nikos

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
UNLESS you have a frankencat with two band, bigwheel. Then you need the scraper, but good luck mounting it. I've seen a couple one conversion and one of the MacLarty assembled ones.

vintagebike

Nope, our 1958 two track ,big wheel Frankencat moved to Montana

Attachments

• FE0071E7-AB36-4FA2-8049-5EAAA712D1B2.jpeg
    FE0071E7-AB36-4FA2-8049-5EAAA712D1B2.jpeg
    286.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 6CDFB76A-BA90-49FE-8A06-9D3301923587.jpeg
    6CDFB76A-BA90-49FE-8A06-9D3301923587.jpeg
    436 KB · Views: 82

Puckle

SUPER Site Supporter
Would the two band work better if you removed the rubber covered center piece and made them an open cage like the 3 band or would the ice still build up on the brake drum?

georgeofdesert

GOLD Site Supporter
Found this thread last year after having a close call with ice buildup, so thx to 300 H&H and JmVT for the info. Needed to do SOMETHING.
Machine looks to have had something installed on left side only (the orange bracket), maybe it was for a scraper long gone. I don't trust my welding enough to place steel angle iron anywhere near the cogs, so used leftover plastic from sprocket project .
IMG_7257.JPG

Also tried the playing card in bicycle spokes idea to scrape track underside before snow got to idler or sprocket.
IMG_7258.JPG

good luck to 3512b...

Last edited: