• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow-trac rear door "newbie".

bombthebest

Hi all!. This site rocks!.
When i was 4 (40 years ago):sick:, i received a Matchbox St-4.
Last week, i re-discovered that machine on your site and i want one!!!.
That machine is truly a one of a kind, and seems very reliable.
There is a question that comes to mind.
Is the single rear door sufficient in cases of tip-overs or "rear-end stuck)?.
I know that some have a roof hatch but, without one?.
Also, do you guys know if trere are some ST-4 in eastern Canada (Quebec)
for sale, even if in need for overalls?.
Being a snowmobile trails groomer operator, i like CATSSSSSS!!!.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've never even seen a photo of a Snow Trac that rolled over and I suppose some may have been "rear end stuck" but you could pop out one of the wing windows or the sunroof if you had to get out and the rear door was obscured, damaged, etc.

As for units for sale, that is a tough one. This time of year you don't see a lot of them for sale, but you will start to see them for sale on Ebay in late summer. Craig's List is another source that lists them on a fairly regular basis, but that is a regional thing so you have to really search Craig's list to find them.

There are at least 2 or 3 of us that brought ours over from England in cargo containers.