• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

sno(w) cat serenade, SV2022

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes the room was successfully transferred to Ken’s name..Sun Valley was great to work with..

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
howdy
those attending, Snow Cat Serenade, a gathering of old grousers, SV2022,
please go out and give your machine a serious nut and bolt inspection, we have had an amazing zero break down record and would most dearly like to continue this impressive record.

thank you everyone for doing such a great job with having your snow cat well prepared and ready to take on the back county of the Sawtooths of Idaho !

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
As we rapidly approach SV2022, We currently have as part of the festivities, a campout at Baker Creek on the schedule. If you are wanting to partake of this campout please respond. We need to do some organizing. I'm planning on bringing a cook tent and the necessary adjuncts for foods. But we need to decide on group or individual for the meals. And other support items.

CT

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
As we rapidly approach SV2022, We currently have as part of the festivities, a campout at Baker Creek on the schedule. If you are wanting to partake of this campout please respond. We need to do some organizing. I'm planning on bringing a cook tent and the necessary adjuncts for foods. But we need to decide on group or individual for the meals. And other support items.

CT
cider tom camp adventure is on march 8 th 2022 the day before the we check in at the sun valley on the 9th. this will be a great event thank you cider tom for organizing it

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
What's the deal with Trail Creek Cabin? All sites say closed, and one Sun Valley link has it 'closed for the winter season'. I thought they did the sleigh ride to dinner, which would obviously need a winter season to be possible??

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
What's the deal with Trail Creek Cabin? All sites say closed, and one Sun Valley link has it 'closed for the winter season'. I thought they did the sleigh ride to dinner, which would obviously need a winter season to be possible??
the trail cabin is open by private reservation at this time, we have a dinner reservation for our group of old grousers, but, this is all subject to change, and the other option if trail creek cabin closes, we will do dinner at roundhouse.
this is all caused by staffing and hiring an experienced chef, pretty sure you don't want a newbie chef...

Last edited:

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter

CT
Gmoose would like to participate in the Cidertom campout adventure at Baker Creek on 3/8, please sign me up.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
howdy howdy howdy,

attention attention attention,

OKAY folks, on March 12th 2022, Saturday, we are going to Roundhouse for dinner, we get to ride the Gondola up to Roundhouse for dinner, this is Truly very special place, as of this moment there are enough tables available for reservation for us, the important part thing is to make your reservation NOW, otherwise you will be having dinner elsewhere, so, make you reservations now, if unable to get a reservation there are many good places to eat in sun valley and Ketchum area,

Please please please, call now ..............

Roundhouse reservations phone number is 208-622-2800, make reservations now !

if you use, open table to make a reservation, they will show, there are no reservations available, please call.

Last edited:

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Inx4!

Jr and I checked it out last trip on sticks. Very cool not that the Trail Creek wasn’t.

Looking forward to the trip.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Remember, cider tom/snowsurfer baker creek back country camp out, March 8th, true adventure in snow camping, if you have any questions contact cider tom.

Mother Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Glad you'll be there MT. You were missed last year...
Was a bit of an empty something is missing feeling last year, Real excited to be able to come back, someone sold me a newer cat.👌 Looking forward to seeing you again 🍺

Attachments

• 20220205_111715.jpg
    20220205_111715.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 65

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
thumbnail sketch of events for the snow cat serenade, a gathering of old grousers

march 8
snow camp, gather at baker creek snow park lot, 4:00 pm, cider tom and sno-surfer are your camp trek masters, 5 campers so far

march 9
check in, relax and meet up in the ram lounge, sun valley inn, for hosted after dinner drinks, 7pm ish, meet and greet, Old grouser info packet handed out includes, snow cat trail stickers, maps, stuff, stuff stuff and schedule,
skiing

march 10
going north, bowling and piazza, after bowling drinks in the ram lounge, sun valley inn, 8 ish,
skiing

march 11
going south, dinner with friends, after dinner drinks in the ram lounge, sun valley inn, 8 ish,
skiing

march 12
going north, dinner at roundhouse, Old Grouser award made, after dinner drinks in the ram lounge, sun valley inn, 8 fish
skiing

march 13
gathering of old grousers brunch, 10 am, rocket sled races, 4 pm, BBQ, and star light snow cat adventure, with the goal of using all those LEDS light to have the international space station tell Houston that they can see us,
skiing

march 14
say good bye, make your SV2023 reservations, march 8 to 13, 2023
skiing

remember skiing with Fred and Bonnie is a blast...

fyi, sun valley inc will honor our preferred rate three days before and three after the main event

disclaimer, all subject to change, due too, any and all excuses I can think of
Is this the current schedule or has it been changed or updated? Thank you!

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Flights booked for the price of a used sno cat with less leg room! 6 and 10 year old test pilots ready for rocketeering and Mrs. Addict will be along to watch in horror this year!

Planning on two days of skiing and two day of catting flexible around awesomness.

Kenncrew

howdy howdy howdy,

attention attention attention,

OKAY folks, on March 12th 2022, Saturday, we are going to Roundhouse for dinner, we get to ride the Gondola up to Roundhouse for dinner, this is Truly very special place, as of this moment there are enough tables available for reservation for us, the important part thing is to make your reservation NOW, otherwise you will be having dinner elsewhere, so, make you reservations now, if unable to get a reservation there are many good places to eat in sun valley and Ketchum area,

Please please please, call now ..............

Roundhouse reservations phone number is 208-622-2800, make reservations now !

if you use, open table to make a reservation, they will show, there are no reservations available, please call.
I called today and they said they were all booked..😞

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I called today and they said they were all booked..😞
sorry to hear, as I said there was a limited number of seats available, so, may I suggest, that keep checking for a cancellation and would do so right up to Saturday night, there is always a cancellation

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Campers, based on current feedback, everyone is on you own for meals. Any group effort is up to you. I currently plan on being in there a day early, anyone that wants to have an extra night is welcome to join in. I would like to know who to expect for the 8th anyway. It is at Baker Creek Campground . So while not too far in, I suggest earlier rather than later, so you are setting up in daylight. It should be a good time, and fun comparing the different styles of snow camping. CT

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Campers, based on current feedback, everyone is on you own for meals. Any group effort is up to you. I currently plan on being in there a day early, anyone that wants to have an extra night is welcome to join in. I would like to know who to expect for the 8th anyway. It is at Baker Creek Campground . So while not too far in, I suggest earlier rather than later, so you are setting up in daylight. It should be a good time, and fun comparing the different styles of snow camping. CT
Gmoose is planning to camp on the 8th, thanks for setting this up cidertom!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
just a reminder to all that are coming to the snow cat serenade, on sunday march 13 th, we will be having a brunch at 10 am and everyone is encouraged to attend, enjoy and have wonderful breakfast, come come come

it is a lazy day, and that afternoon we are going north to baker creek snow park and having big old bbq, 3 pm and a starlight snow cat adventure up the east side to the base of Boulder Mountain, bring your LED lights

lastly, thank you to all that have made plans to attend Snow Cat Serenade, a gathering of old grousers, like the last two years it has been a wonderful group and most enjoyable, I know the time and money it takes to come, I appreciate it more than you will ever know and truly hope everyone has a good time, without you, there is no event, sun valley and the sawtooth mountains are a very special place, we are so fortunate to be able to be there,

sincerely, a most heartfelt thank you