• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Shop-swap or pay-it-forward or ???

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tom (Lesco) is the one that gets the credit/blame for this thread.

He hooked me up with something and instead of sending a check, he suggested that I should just mail something of equal value back. Well, that got me thinking....

So, half a dozen Miller Lites later, I come up with this idea. Anyone interested in swaping "stuff"? There's about 100 ways to do this but in general, each of us take an item and mail on to someone else.

If anyone's interested, we can lay out the rules.

Thoughts/interest?

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm game. I assume we are refering to non-precious items of easily UPSable size?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like fun. :)

If that's your wife in the avatar Junk you can send her my way. You don't even have to wrap her. :)

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You might be right, but I'm willing to give it a shot! :D

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
WOOO HOOO...How much fun could this be...????

I'm In........Who wants my yard full of leaves????....LOL

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Cowboyjg said:
WOOO HOOO...How much fun could this be...????

I'm In........Who wants my yard full of leaves????....LOL

I'll take them...butyou're gonna get 14 horses worth of.....um....fertilizer.

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, here's a couple ideas on ways to do this.

1. Each of us take an item worth no more than $10 and mail it so someone else (who the someone is will need to be determined). The item is to be a surprise. We could do this one time or keep doing it (maybe once/month or quarter). If we do it more than once, if you can't use the item given to you, you pass on to someone else.

2. In the "classifieds" section of the forum, each of us create a shop-swap thread with your name/handle and "shop swap" in the title. Mine would be "bczoom shop-swap". Each of us then list whatever we have with a value of $10 or less. If someone sees something they like, they make a trade offer in your thread.

There's a bunch of ways to do this so throw some more ideas out.

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
bczoom said:
OK, here's a couple ideas on ways to do this.

1. Each of us take an item worth no more than $10 and mail it so someone else (who the someone is will need to be determined). The item is to be a surprise. We could do this one time or keep doing it (maybe once/month or quarter). If we do it more than once, if you can't use the item given to you, you pass on to someone else.

2. In the "classifieds" section of the forum, each of us create a shop-swap thread with your name/handle and "shop swap" in the title. Mine would be "bczoom shop-swap". Each of us then list whatever we have with a value of $10 or less. If someone sees something they like, they make a trade offer in your thread.

There's a bunch of ways to do this so throw some more ideas out.
Sounds great.........I got a box of used rubber gloves from the local zoo only used for monkey rectal exams I could mail out today (turned inside out they'll pass as new)............oh sh**t..........I already sent those to someone...............................never mind

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Too bad they are already gone...... Brian could have cut the fingers off and used them for condoms.... he would have a lifetime supply with just one glove... Although, they might have been too loose and have fallen off... :D

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tom,

That there's funny...

Junk,
"Too bad they're already gone".... They are gone from Tom's place. They're sitting in my workshop, but OUCH... that hurt. ;)

Tom - your package went out yesterday.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
PBinWA said:
You guys are so lucky! As a child I never new the joy that was White Castle. I had Krystal burgers before WC but they are all good. I wish they had them out here. Frozen just isn't the same.

Oh man do I have an idea!!! Bob, how about we mail one burger to everyone!

I bet the one to Mith will be really yummy!