• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

restored my grizzly

zenchal26

I bought this grizzly in the summer and decided to give it a resto. Plan on painting the cowl next summer.

Attachments

• grizz.JPG
    grizz.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_1697.JPG
    IMG_1697.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_1699.JPG
    IMG_1699.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_1701.JPG
    IMG_1701.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_1703.JPG
    IMG_1703.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_1704.JPG
    IMG_1704.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 222

snowbird

Looks like a nice machine.
I couldn't help but notice your shop in the background. Could you come help neaten mine so it would look as good as yours? Bet it's fun working there.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So what are the plans for it? Those are hard working units, capable of pulling small drags and moderately heavy loads on sleds. Is it going to be used as a "fun" machine or a "working" machine?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Wow ! You can actually groom trails with it ?????? Is it like a super powerful snow mobile ? I never seen one with just one front ski . Seems like it would be tippy ????? How fast does it go ???

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Wow ! You can actually groom trails with it ?????? Is it like a super powerful snow mobile ? I never seen one with just one front ski . Seems like it would be tippy ????? How fast does it go ???

Most of the old "Alpine" skidoos had just one ski on the front. They don't go very fast but can pull quite a big load. The gearing in those things is designed for low end torque.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
How well do these things turn? (Obviously they must turn quite well as they are slow speed working sleds, duh. :rolleyes:)

Is there a differential between the two tracks?

zenchal26

I guess the turning is not that great because of the one ski and all the force of the tracks making you go straight. The gear box has a big gear at the bottom which the two kog shafts slide into driven by a massive chain.

Attachments

• IMG_1529.jpg
    IMG_1529.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_1533.jpg
    IMG_1533.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 158