• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Pat Buchanan's Message to Obama

urednecku

Site Supporter
(Not sure if it's been posted before, but.........)

Pat Buchanan's Message to Obama

Barack says we need to have a conversation about race in America.

Fair enough. But this time, it has to be a two-way conversation. White America needs to be heard from, not just lectured to.

This time, the Silent Majority needs to have its convictions, grievances and demands heard. And among them are these:

First, America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known.

Wright ought to go down on his knees and thank God he is an American.

Second, no government anywhere has done more to lift up blacks than white Americans. Untold trillions have been spent since the '60s on welfare, food stamps, rent supplements, Section 8 housing, Pell grants, student loans, legal services, Medicaid, Earned Income Tax Credits and poverty programs designed to bring the African-American community into the mainstream.

Governments, businesses and colleges have engaged in discrimination against white folks -- with affirmative action, contract set-asides and quotas -- to advance black applicants over white applicants.

Churches, foundations, civic groups, schools and individuals all over America have donated time and money to support soup kitchens, adult education, day care, retirement and nursing homes for blacks.

We hear the grievances. Where is the gratitude?

Barack talks about new "ladders of opportunity" for blacks.

Let him go to Altoona and Johnstown, and ask the white kids in Catholic schools how many were visited lately by Ivy League recruiters handing out scholarships for "deserving" white kids.

Is white America really responsible for the fact that the crime and incarceration rates for African-Americans are seven times those of white America? Is it really white America's fault that illegitimacy in the African-American community has hit 70 percent and the black dropout rate from high schools in some cities has reached 50 percent?

Is that the fault of white America or, first and foremost, a failure of the black community itself?

As for racism, its ugliest manifestation is in interracial crime, and especially interracial crimes of violence. Is Barack Obama aware that while white criminals choose black victims 3 percent of the time, black criminals choose white victims 45 percent of the time?

Is Barack aware that black-on-white rapes are 100 times more common than the reverse, that black-on-white robberies were 139 times as common in the first three years of this decade as the reverse?

We have all heard ad nauseam from the Rev. Al about Tawana Brawley, the Duke rape case and Jena. And all turned out to be hoaxes. But about the epidemic of black assaults on whites that are real, we hear nothing.

Sorry, Barack, some of us have heard it all before, about 40 years and 40 trillion tax dollars ago.

American Woman

Site Supporter
Is white America really responsible for the fact that the crime and incarceration rates for African-Americans are seven times those of white America? Is it really white America's fault that illegitimacy in the African-American community has hit 70 percent and the black dropout rate from high schools in some cities has reached 50 percent?

Is that the fault of white America or, first and foremost, a failure of the black community itself?
I get tired of being the blame for this all the time :ermm:

Trakternut

Pat, more or less, defined the problem within his address. Look at all the programs that have benefited the blacks; Welfare, foodstamps, et al. However, that's part of the problem. It has fostered a mentality where these folks feel entitled to all these freebies. However, all this does is give them time to lay a round and breed a new generation of entitled people.
I know, I know, we drug them over here and enslaved them. I don't approve of that. However, go back in history, just about every walk of life has been oppressed by another at sometime or another. Nearly every race has overcome it and moved on. Many prospered.
We need more Bill Cosbys around telling them that the only way they'll improve their lives is to reach down and grab bootstraps and start pulling.
By the way, Blacks aren't the only people who feel entitled to live on the dole, lots of whites do, too. Just wanted to toss that in so folks won't think I'm a hater of blacks, because I'm not. There's lots of good black folks out there who get up and go to work, just like me'n' you. Lots of whites that don't.
JMHO

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
My wife had an interesting take on this.

She was in college when the femininist, Womens Liberation movement was at is peak. Gloria Steinem etc.

She said she and nearly all the women of her generation, a few years younger than the feminist fanatics, listened then said to themselves of course we claim those rights the feminists are screaming about, but what's the fuss - the goals have already been attained by the struggles of that noisy and unpleasant older generation. (And they especially rejected the separatist portion of the feminist's rant!)

She said Wright is from that older generation, still screaming with outrage and blind to the progress available to anyone who wants to go for it.

And I agree with her that Obama has a message that resonates with those his age and younger - that all the turmoil represented by the Womens Liberation and Wright-style activists is outdated. The next generation has arrived and doesn't want to protest and debate, they just want to get on with living. Some of them have an appreciation for what the older generation attained for them, most just consider all that to be irrelevant ancient history.

I think this is Obama's strength, and there may be enough younger voters who agree, that he can get elected. They're tired of the people my age squabbling over issues that don't seem central to them. Obama is clearly the candidate of the upcoming generation.