• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New York Store Shelves Going Empty

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
From what I can tell, and I’ve been watching this, it’s not really happening.

It’s pretty much disappeared from Twitter. Logistics don’t seem to support hype. Much as we want it to be true I’m not seeing a big enough boycott to actually do anything.

But I do hope to be proven wrong :boxing:

Reactions: Doc

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
From what I can tell, and I’ve been watching this, it’s not really happening.

It’s pretty much disappeared from Twitter. Logistics don’t seem to support hype. Much as we want it to be true I’m not seeing a big enough boycott to actually do anything.

But I do hope to be proven wrong :boxing:

Bull feathers.
This guy says one driver????? I posted videos with more

Reactions: Doc

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Something weird going on here. You almost can not see a video of this event. Much less copy and post a link.

Either the Forum is having issues, or my computer is or, somebody is messing with the system.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Go to Bing and ask for videos of the NYC trucker boycott.

I get some of them but when I watch they keep changing.
Some seem to have been posted but taken down.
I know I'm not a computer savvy nerd, so yes the ID-10-T error is common for me.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Chicago Ray deleted his early videos
MSN ...really?

I know. I saw his "retraction." No idea why he did that.
I simply referred to him because he was mentioned in your post. But he is not alone as they seem to claim.
That said however, to say it, the truckers boycott, isn't happening is a falsehood. Maybe it isn't a big as some have hoped but it is happening.

Plenty of U-tubes out there, if you can get to them before they are removed.

Talk radio is hot with this event. Maybe they are hyping a dead story. IDK

The thing is big contract carriers are still going to try and get loads in and out. They have to, no choice. And their drivers are captive, or they lose their jobs. It is the independent drivers that are boycotting. Are they enough to matter? We shall see.

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I see the links in my first two posts have recently been "removed"
Weird right?
Tell me there isn't anyone doing this on purpose.
Who owns Bing???
Can you say Microsoft?

Kevlar

This happens all the time, remember all the stuff they removed regarding covid? The Canadian Freedom convoy was very heavily censored. Of all the things done through the covid BS, the censorship and removal of free speech was the most concerning. Our government keeps pushing harder for more control of the internet, and what you are running into is a result of this.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
MSN ...really?
They are a news aggregator, so yes, MSN. The link takes you to Newsweek.

And the links you posted take you to stories that were published days ago. About threats. But there does not seem to be actual widespread follow through. Stores would be emptied by now, but they are not. Most have been getting regular shipments of goods. Hospitals would be out of supplies by now, but they have supplies. We'd see disruption, but we don't.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
This happens all the time, remember all the stuff they removed regarding covid? The Canadian Freedom convoy was very heavily censored. Of all the things done through the covid BS, the censorship and removal of free speech was the most concerning. Our government keeps pushing harder for more control of the internet, and what you are running into is a result of this.
Thanks.
It would seem anything posted that would validate this boycott is subject to removal.

I am not on "X" formerly twitter. Perhaps there is something there. Again IDK.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Regardless of the source, I still see no evidence that the boycott actually was widespread or had any effect. Literally no evidence.

And Twitter/X seems to be have the most un-filtered/un-censored news reports available.

Yes, a bunch of truckers said some stuff. But did it have any actual effect?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Regardless of the source, I still see no evidence that the boycott actually was widespread or had any effect. Literally no evidence.

And Twitter/X seems to be have the most un-filtered/un-censored news reports available.

Yes, a bunch of truckers said some stuff. But did it have any actual effect?
It depends on whom you talk to or listen.

There are also reports that have nothing to do with the truckers, claims that investors, real-estate people, are now wary of New York. After all, what they did to Trump, they could do to anybody.

Lots of talk but obviously, this would take some time to actually be palpable.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It depends on whom you talk to or listen.
No, there is an objective answer.

I do not see any evidence of any effective or widespread truckers boycott.

I'm not disputing that 100 or maybe 1000 or maybe more truckers are boycotting loads to NY. But there are hundreds of thousands of truckers who seem to be not boycotting.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
There are re[ports of as many as 25% of truckers refusing loads to NYC. If true, that will hurt. However, even at those numbers, the products can still be delivered by those who are not boycotting. So?

Keep in mind there was a shortage of drivers before this event happened. Some 80,000 short of what our nation needs.

We shall see how it goes. But I agree, it is unlikely to be the damaging boycott for which many feel NYC, and state, might see and deserves.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
There are re[ports of as many as 25% of truckers refusing loads to NYC

But many of those truckers already don't ever got to NYC

So if a trucker in Colorado, who has a long standing policy of refusing loads to NYC, and that trucker is lumped into the 25% the effect is actually ZERO.

We cannot combine truckers with a history of refusing to take cargo to NY with truckers that are newly boycotting.

Again, it seems that, based on logistics data being reported, there is zero effective boycott by truckers against NY

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
But many of those truckers already don't ever got to NYC

So if a trucker in Colorado, who has a long standing policy of refusing loads to NYC, and that trucker is lumped into the 25% the effect is actually ZERO.

We cannot combine truckers with a history of refusing to take cargo to NY with truckers that are newly boycotting.

Again, it seems that, based on logistics data being reported, there is zero effective boycott by truckers against NY
I have no idea of what you are referencing???

Colorado? Longstanding history?

What?

It has only been five days. Who has data to publish for the most recent five days?
You are speaking of an information resource of which I have no knowledge.

Most freight is handled by "Common Carriers." Not full truck loads. Independent truckers generally carry "contracted dedicated single commodity loads."

The former are professional company drivers unlikely to participate. The latter may take weeks to have a noticeable effect. If any at all.

Last edited:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
As I used to own a trucking company I think I have a modest idea of that which I am asking.

There are brokers for loads. Load data is actually tracked.

There are also subsets of the investment sector that very specifically track cargo traffic, by truckload and by container. They literally track the freight on container ships, trains and intermodal. The data of how many trucks going into every area is actually known and tracked.

As I said, I see no evidence that there is a boycott a widespread or effective boycott of freight going into NY. If you have actual evidence, not videos extolling threats, not individual anecdotes, but evidence of widespread action and freight shortages, please let us all know.