• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New fridge in the 36 Carver

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
The 1987 Norcold fridge gave up the ghost last year.
Bought a new Vertrifrigo stainless fridge.
Of coarse, a different width, height. And depth.
Had to space it out with teak. Of coarse, being me, I could not use commodity teak; I had to use real Burmese teak. I bought a slab 60" long, about 8 inches wide, and 1.1876 inches thick. $165.
Anyway, ripped three one inch wide strips and made enough room for the depth of the box.
In the back of the box of the old fridge were two receivers. The wall behind the fridge had some bump outs to clear them. The new fridge only had a pipe up the middle with a dog leg to the left. So I had to cut that back wall to fit it and build a new channel for the back side of that wall, which is also the back wall of a stateroom closet.
Lots of work, but came out ok.
And this thing is so much better than any of the many Norcold fridge I've had. Turned it on and was cold in no time.

Attachments

• 20210613_132941.jpg
    20210613_132941.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 122

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks GREAT.
Have you had time for much boating this year in either of your boats?

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would make sure that there is plenty of space for ventilation. The job of the refer is to remove heat from inside and it needs to go somewhere. The better the heat can escape, the easier it works. Good looking install.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Not much boating yet this year. Lake is still cold.
As for venting, a second vent was added at the bottom. Now there is a chimney effect.
The single vent was there for 34 years. Should be good to go.

Reactions: Doc