• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My new Tucker Sno-Cat, 2742

VXclimber180

Made it back home after 3108 miles safe and sound no new travel adventures. I have posted a few more photos of the machine.

2datop...as you can see the turbo pushing air into the blower, all the air is going into the cylinder through the same ports.

If someone would like other photos just let me know, as I have not been up close to any other Tucker I am not sure what may be different on this machine.

Attachments

• IMG_0601.jpg
    IMG_0601.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 602
  • IMG_0597.jpg
    IMG_0597.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 601
  • IMG_0614.jpg
    IMG_0614.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 597
  • IMG_0611.jpg
    IMG_0611.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 586
  • IMG_0617.jpg
    IMG_0617.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 585
  • IMG_0610.jpg
    IMG_0610.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 588
  • IMG_0608.jpg
    IMG_0608.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 585

snotrans

We have a 2742 complete under carriage for this type machine from a salvaged groomer a few years ago IH Diff's, trunion plates, and wide track grousers, sprockets and some carrier wheels and all carrier frames Price $ 1000 complete. U Haul We will load. May be good for back up parts for you or conversion Located Weiser Idaho Bill 208-549-2501

srexecmark

The underside looks a little different on my 1742. The previous owner switched the axle set up to Dana 60 full floating ones, front and back. The drive sprockets are wider on mine. Someone thought mine was upgraded to a later model belted track set up. Under the hood mine is very similar except I haver the Chrysler 360 Industrial. I wonder where the hydraulic reservoir is on yours. Mine is on the passenger side firewall.

VXclimber180

srexecmark...the oil tank is on the drivers side firewall, you can see it on the far right of the photo of the blower side of the engine.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm glad you got home safely. That is a Heavy Duty Tucker!!! Wow!

Thanks for the photos and information. I've found Jeff at Tucker to be an exceptional resource. He is hugely knowledgeable and generous with his time answering questions and giving suggestions. I think he is a great "ambassador" for Tucker.

The pictures you have posted along with the data sheet and brochure are very interesting.

Considering it's 32 years old and was made for hard usage it looks like it's in excellent condition.

From that info here are some thoughts as to what may be different on your machine than the more conventional 1500 and 1600 series machines. I could be completely wrong on any of these, but here goes:

- It looks like they used heavier wall square tubing on the frame (1/4" vs 3/16") also more supports and gusseting.

- From earlier photos it looks like your lower frame longitudinal members are wider at the ends and curve inward in the middle (probably to allow clearance for the carriers to rotate about the axle housings). The lighter duty Tuckers have straight frame rails.

-Those tracks are very wide. A standard Tucker track of that era is 28". From the brochure those are 46". That's huge. it looks like the rubber track belts are spaced further apart.

-Much heavier machine. Between the Diesel engine, heavier frame, monster axles and wide tracks your Tucker is roughly 2,500 lbs heavier.

This should be considered unsolicited advice, but SnoTrans' offer is a screaming deal. Parts for Tuckers add up -FAST. Used parts can sometimes be found, and even then not cheap. I don't think Tucker made many 2700 series machines, so the chance of finding used parts in good shape would be slim. If I had a 2742...I'd be on the phone already.

Congratulations on your machine!!!

I got snotrans to send me some pics of those spare running gear he has, definately worth the money. Still waiting for my passport or I'd go get them.:brows:

calebg

Hey just was wondering if anybody new of a tucker like this for sale or like a 1342 or 1544? tour help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you Caleb

calebg

Hello, yes I am very interested if you are wanting to sell. If you want to send more information, pictures and price, and location it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much, Caleb

Trackrig

Hello, yes I am very interested if you are wanting to sell. If you want to send more information, pictures and price, and location it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much, Caleb
Calbg - Did you buy the Tucker 2742? I might have the chance to buy one shortly so I'd like to ask you a few questions about it. Thanks, Bill