• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Mitsubishi mini cab van, Mattracks installation

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Its been snowing the last few days bit a colder bigger system moving in and snow forecasted on and off for a few more days. Today I took the Burned Suzuki tithe scrap yard then loaded the Minicab Van on the trailer. When it stops snowing I am planning to make a trip to the Mountain for a few days.

Attachments

• IMG_1719.jpg
    IMG_1719.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 340

alryA

Mattracks claims to have super low rolling resistance; hopefully that justifies the price! Lol
I've not got to work with Matt T's due to there exorbitant cost. But all the brands I have you can roll the tracks around the shop in order to move them when off the machine. The tracks rotate on the pods quite easily..

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, I made a trip to the cabin and was the maiden voyage for the track van, when we got there after waiting for the snow to stop for days, it was the same as last year. The snow turned to rain and melted most of the snow down low and the road was solid ice. We made it up but not without some slipping and sliding on the steeper par
IMG_1779.jpg
IMG_1781.jpg
IMG_1764.jpg
ts, and there is plenty of 15-20 degree hills. It doesn't look that steep in the pictures but it is. Only had one pucker time though when going down a very icy steep grade early in the morning the day we went to town, It kept wanting to swap ends on the way down where I had to add power to keep it straight. Lucky there was no turn at the bottom of the hill. I just ordered 1000 screw in studs. The van did very well in everything else and had no problems with it except I blew a brand new air shock in the rear, 80# of air and had maybe 300# of gear in the back?? Not even close to capacity, must be a defect. Really liked the extra room over the truck I used last year, very comfortable. Also has plenty of power with the supercharged motor, it runs a little fat up there so I need increase the idle speed as it wanted to load up at low idle.

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter
Cool little vehicle!!! I always wanted one of those. Got the bombi instead cause I wanted more floatation in the snow. I thought about picking one of those up chopping it, and using the cab for my bombi instead of the stocker.

Nice work!!!??

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Cool little vehicle!!! I always wanted one of those. Got the bombi instead cause I wanted more floatation in the snow. I thought about picking one of those up chopping it, and using the cab for my bombi instead of the stocker.

Nice work!!!??
Not as bad as you think, ground pressure is .68 psi

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
How much does that thing weigh all done?
it weighs 1500# with tires I would say 1800# if you include the track weight. Supercharged 550 cc, I'm paraphrasing but I remember it being 84hp and 65 ft. pounds of torque come to mind. 4 speed manual with hi-lo transfer case.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Well its that time again. Im busy with work but sometime at the end of February I should be able to make a cabin trip. Cabin Neighbor says there is around 10' so far this year. Last year it kept snowing followed by rain and would melt leaving the very steep road solid ice. The van made it but there were a couple hills we did some slipping and sliding to the point of almost not making it. This year I am adding studs to the track. I work on them an hour here and there. it takes about an hour to do 1/3 of each track. So far I'm about 2 hours in and got 2 tracks 1/3 done. when 4 are 1/3 done I will have move it forward and start over, repeating the process until completed.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I see that you’re in Valley Springs! I actually work in West Point and I work in VS or San Andreas fairly often.
Yes, I'm in Valley springs, actually closer to Wallace or Bursom but the zip code is Valley Springs, The cabin and mountain I go to is in Susanville about 5 miles off grid. This rig works well even when its 20' deep up there. Its always wet heavy snow that sets up into Sierra cement overnight.

Fitzy

Yes, I'm in Valley springs, actually closer to Wallace or Bursom but the zip code is Valley Springs, The cabin and mountain I go to is in Susanville about 5 miles off grid. This rig works well even when its 20' deep up there. Its always wet heavy snow that sets up into Sierra cement overnight.
I know the area, I have been working around there since 2020. In 2018, 2019 I worked in Bieber and even in Westwood a few times.