• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Learning a foreign Language for travel ?????

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Both my wife and and speak Spanish . She is much better than I am . I am thinking of purchasing a Rosetta Stone Language CD to improve my Spanish . I want to do more than point and grunt in Spanish ! Has anyone used this program ?

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Both my wife and and speak Spanish . She is much better than I am . I am thinking of purchasing a Rosetta Stone Language CD to improve my Spanish . I want to do more than point and grunt in Spanish ! Has anyone used this program ?

Yes, while in Europe, we did a lot of pointing and grunting when they did not speak English.:smileywac

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I bought Rosetta Stone Spanish for my daughter. I don't speak Spanish so I have no idea if Melen is learning anything or not!

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter

I do remember that one of the Innkeepers in Germany did draw pictures of two beds to indicate how many beds were in the room. Even though I do know how to count to nine in German.:yum:

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
I bought Spanish for Idiots. So far so good. I went to a mexican restaurant yesterday and called the waitress a beautiful man. :pat: :smileywac

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
The best thing I found for learning a foreign language was to get a girlfriend that speaks the language and can talk with you and correct you without making you feel like an idiot.

Al, I think a cute little Panamanian girl would work out well for you. I'm sure your wife would be understanding. :whistle:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
My brother is a "new language junkie" and he's really likes the rosetta stone programs. FWIW.