• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Kristi KT3 trans/diff schematic

broncoitaliano

Hello everyone, I am new to the board, and also the new owner of Kristi KT3 #0048 that Gary owned. Does anyone have a schematic of the transmission and differential by chance. Trying to gather everything so I can look it all over before purring to serious duty. Thanks, Don

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome Don.

I don't have a link to it, but there was a pretty good Kristi owners web site I stumbled on a few years ago, someone there also may have a set of documentation...

Looking forward to a working cat photo or three.....

broncoitaliano

Thank you Sir.

-It is the same cat that was owned by Wilkinson1 and his buddy Skip on this board.

-Real nice and brilliant gentlemen. Old school type.

-On the Krisit website it is the KT3 number 0048. Cool pictures. Nicely cared for rig that needs just a little work to be REALLY awesome again.

KT3survivor

i have the maintanence handbook and can upload pictures of whatever you need in there if you like. the schematics arent great but i suppose its better than nothing.

the differential #S70FS was made by the Clark manufacturing company and was used in Oliver OC-3 and OC-4 tractors.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It was used to service Microwave antenna's in OR and NORCAL. Gary drove it for decades then bought it

So this is the Kristi I saw on Mary's Peak which is just west of Corvallis OR in the early 1970's. Mary's Peak is the highest point in the coast range in Oregon and had all kinds of comm. gear there as well as a fire look out tower. The Kristi was kinda slid off the road and left there for a while. I thought is was broken as the tracks were tilted - I had never heard of a Kristi. Corvallis had a Tucker 524, maybe they got it back on the road with that machine. I still have never seen one move under it's own power, can wait, hope to see one before I die.

Articwolf

Hello everyone, I am new to the board, and also the owner of Kristi KT3 #0148 that came from Aspin ski corp. Does anyone have a schematic of the clamshells by chance? Trying to fix a broken chain. And would like to know how far a guy has to go to get it apart. as reading this forum can KT3 Survivor shed some light on this. I do also live in the western slope area Thanks, Chuck

KT3survivor

just flipped thru the maintenance handbook. couldnt find any schematis or much info on the final drive housing. parts list doesnt even show the chain size. i know i saw a picture of one split apart somewhere online but i cant remember where. maybe kt7 will chime in.

here is what the book does have

we should deffinetly get the these local kats together before end of winter. it would be great to meet more kristi people in the area

Articwolf

KT3 Survivor Thank you for the info. When I get the clam shell apart I will
I will take pictures and document how we done it. As well as post them here for the world to see. A guy never knows. Here is a picture of our Kristi at cottonwood #5 ice fishing.

KT3survivor

the suspense is killing me! :w00t2:

i'm particularly interested in yours as its the only machine listed as a KT-3A. . . i know a KT-2A is a shorty. . . and the KT-4A is amphibious. but there is little to no explanation what was different about the 3A. they also built a KT-3M that i would like to learn more about.

also, cheers to atleast one more surviving kristi that is not in the registry! :beer: hope to meet up with you all soon

Kristi Kt-4

the suspense is killing me! :w00t2:

i'm particularly interested in yours as its the only machine listed as a KT-3A. . . i know a KT-2A is a shorty. . . and the KT-4A is amphibious. but there is little to no explanation what was different about the 3A. they also built a KT-3M that i would like to learn more about.

also, cheers to atleast one more surviving kristi that is not in the registry! :beer: hope to meet up with you all soon

From what I have gathered the KT-3M was a military prototype..... They also made a KT-4JC which was another military prototype that had hydraulics in the rear to raise it up. This was a non amphibious built machine and the military put some floatation chambers on the tracks.

KT3survivor

very cool. i do remember the float tracks. i also emember they built an ultra wide track kt3 so i always wondered if that carried one of those distinctions.

Articwolf

From what I understand our Kristi was a test model for??? What I don’t Know. This is the info that I received from Chris Roth. It was sold to The aspen Ski corp. It is a KT3 with KT2 track. It never had a top so My Dad and I designed one as we didn’t know what they looked like until we picked up a KT3 with a top. So cat out of the bag my dad and I picked up the Cat 119 and my Uncle picked up Cat 129 from Meeker last spring Cat 129 didn’t have the Porch engine. 119 is this year’s project.
14vtoiw.jpg[

KT3survivor

ahh yes. i remember when those two were on craigslist. i talked to the seller but didnt have the funds to get serious. glad they were saved and not crushed or something. I'll have to re watch the dvds for any topless kt3 doing prototype testing.

KT3survivor

top looks good! i bet its got better headroom than a factory kt3.

also, you said #129 didn't have the porsche engine?? the pics from cragslist sure fooled me if thats the case!

thanks for posting pictures. its great to see what the KT-3A actually was and glad you guys are keeping them alive.

PJL

That does look nicer than the factory top. Who knew there were so many Kristi's still alive.

KT3survivor

thought this one might have been your kt3 roadster with a kt2 track, but it isnt fitted with the round aluminium vents in the engine compartment.

Articwolf

KT3 Survivor
That is a couple nice looking Kats. The track on the roadster is different as well it would be nice
To find a picture of our cat back in the day. I keep looking maybe someday.

luvthemvws

Since you have experience with both styles of Kristi perhaps you can tell me: Which model rides smoother? The KT3 with 4 wheels and the "walking" axles, or the 5 wheel model mounted rigidly to the beam?