• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Is anyone familiar with OTVOC laptops?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been looking for an inexpensive laptop.
Stumbled on this one at Amazon.

It checks all the boxes for what I "think" I need so I ordered one.
It was listed as 70% off of the $1299 price so I got it for $389.
489 Amazon reviews that gave it an average of 4.4 out of 5.0.

OTVOC Laptop 16 inch​

Windows 11 Pro,​

VocBook 16,​

Intel 12th Gen N95,​

Up to 3.4GHz,​

16GB DDR5 RAM,​

1TB PCIE NVME SSD,​

16" FHD IPS 1920x1200,​

2.0MP,​

2.4G+5G WiFi,​

BT 5.0, HDMI,​

RJ45, Type C,​

Gray​

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Never heard of it but looks like it could be okay for web surfing and email etc. Basic laptop stuff.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I gotta wonder what Spyware and other malicious softest software is hidden on it.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It is going to be for basic things.
I was going to leave it at the condo which I don't visit much but I guess I'll bring it back home and run it to make sure it doesn't die based on what @chowderman posted.
I will be running Malwarebytes premium and other anti-virus software on it just to make sure it doesn't have bad things on it.

Reactions: Doc

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Got the laptop today. I must say I'm pretty impressed.
Initial setup took about 5-10 minutes.
Added all my apps, devices... took another 20-30 minutes (Connect to wifi, install printer, download and install Duckduckgo, Brave browser, Malwarebytes, CCleaner)
Malwarebytes found nothing malicious. :)

It's fast. Windows 11 PRO seems much better than Windows 11 Home but I'm a relative newby to both.