• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

i have a rant

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
self-checkouts came to my town, i was working at a gas station when they switched to self service. at least at the gas pumps you were discounted for doing the work yourself, not So at the grocery store, and i refuse to use them until i do get a discount for eliminating some one's entry level job.

Tech011

Self-checkouts are intended to provide convenience, but concerns about job displacement are understandable. Discounts or incentives for using them vary by store. Providing feedback to store management is an option.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Self-checkouts are intended to provide convenience, but concerns about job displacement are understandable. Discounts or incentives for using them vary by store. Providing feedback to store management is an option.
Stating the obvious. Your posts sounds as if they are ChatGPT generated. A I.

Last edited:

MNwr786

Walmart started that because the checkout clerks were pretending to scan big items like TVs and just passing them over the magnet without scanning for their friends. They were losing way more money with checkout clerks than letting people scan their own stuff.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was on a road trip and stopped at a McDonalds for a rest room break and a bite to eat. They only had kiosks where you had to put your order in. Clerks were at the counter but would not take the order. They would help folks if asked but they helped them use the kiosk. The kiosk was not user friendly in my opinion. I used the restroom and left frustrated still having to stop somewhere for a bite to eat..

power1

I wasn't trained as a check out clerk. Why do they keep stopping me when I miss a few items?

chowderman

when my son was 'just' a teen, , , he wanted a tool kit to carry on his dirt bike.
so we went somewhere, probably Sears,,, picked up the tools he thought would save the day.
after we checked out he noticed a pliers in the basket that did not get rung up.
so I suggested he go back in the store, explain, and pay for the pliers.

he's fifty now, and every once in a while he reminds me of that event . . . .
parents matter, no matter what the village says.