• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I got some very BAD news today .

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Jan's (lilnixon ) Dad passed away last night .
He was one hell of a good man . He'd crewed B-29's in His Younger Days ,raised 8 children during His middle Years , and was just about the most interesting Man I've ever been around in His Latter Years .
I know that I will miss Him greatly . He just had a way to put things into perspective . I probably talked ,and listened to Him than My own Dad.
Sorry for the rambling post . Buy I just wanted to note the passing of what I think was a great Man . John

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Dutch ,Buckle,My sincere Thanks . My wife found Him this A.M. She worshipped Her Dad .
I feel at a loss as how to even attempt to console Her in Her loss .
The only thing I can think of is to tell Her that He died while asleep ,led a very productive life ,and will be remembered by everyone He was in contact with in a positive way . While those words are true , they won't diminish the loss She feels . It's breaking My heart that I can't do a thing for Her in Her time of greatest loss . John

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
John, I think telling her he died peacefully is a good thing to say. My grandmother used to pray she would die in her sleep, she did. I never undersood why she prayed for that. . . until my mom got cancer and it took her a year+ on massive painkillers to die. I think it would be comforting for her to know and understand how good of a way that is to die.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
John,

My sincere condolences to you, lilnixon and the entire family.
It's hard to loose someone close. It sounds like he was the patriarch of the family based on your description which makes it even harder.

Brian

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry for yours and Janelle's loss John. What a shock that had to be for Janelle finding him that way. Going in your sleep has to be a blessing.
You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.

Greg

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Sorry for your loss. My wife and I will say a special prayer for you and your family. It is tough to lose a loved one.

murph

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
bczoom said:
It sounds like he was the patriarch of the family based on your description which makes it even harder.

Brian
Brian , Patriarch is probably the best way to discribe the man .
He ,and I used to talk about everything under the Sun . He just had a wisdom that is hard for Me to put into words . I just respected Him so much .
We'd sometimes get into an arguement , and He just look at Me and say " You're talking Rabbit Shit " . Then He'd explain why He said that. 9 out 10 times He was correct . I'm going to miss those times so much .

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc, Murph ..... You don't know how much Your thoughts ,and prayers are appreciated . Thank You , John

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
To you both I send my deepest condolances, I know what it feels like to lose a loved one. Within two years I lost both my parents and my beloved partner. The pain doesn't ever really go away, but it does lessen in time. You are in my thoughts at this sad time.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
nixon said:
I'm going to miss those times so much .

John,
You're going to miss them now, but in a little while that memory will make you smile and say to a friend...."Ya know My Father-in-Law used to say....."
Our thoughts are with you and Janelle

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Ice Queen ,and TC .
Thank You so much for Your thoughts , and prayers .
It's a true comfort to read the kind words that You ,and everyone have posted .
It keeps me from dwelling on the emptiness I feel at Janelles's and my loss.
Thank You to all for Your kindness . John

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Very sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like there will be many goodtimes to remember. And that's how it should be. Take care of yourself and Jannelle, and I hope the grief is short for both of you.

P

Pigtails

Jannelle and John, My husband and I would like to send our deepest regrets and sympathy. Remember the good times. That is the way all of us would like to be remembered. Our prayers and thoughts are with you both..

HGM

John,
Sorry to hear of your loss... Its always tough to find the words for such a moment..

You may have read my post at one time or another about my grandparents and their suffering, but what I would like to pass on to you is the words of my freinds mother when I lost my grandfather.. He suffered durring his bout with brain cancer, digressing to the mentality of a child.. He knew it and hated it..

Anyhow, my freinds mother told me something to the effect of, as unfortunate as the loss may be, he is no longer in pain.. The pain we feel is simply a form of selfishness that we feel for not being able to continue the relationship we had with this person.. If we, instead reflect on the good times and how positively that individual has effected our lives while appreciating the fact that he isnt suffering any longer, we can go on and feel more happy for him than sad..It is an unfortunate event, though part of life.. The most imortant thing we can do on a daily basis, is to make sure we make the most of our time here and tell those you love how you feel at every oportuninty...

I know your's werent the same circumstances, but her perception of life and death made me much stronger in dealing with it in my life.. I wish you guys the best, hope you can find peace in your loss and reflect on the good..

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
God's speed to a brave flier. One of the True Heros of our time.

Attachments

• b-29_n.jpg
    b-29_n.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 245

lilnixon

AKA LILVIXEN
GOLD Site Supporter
ALL,
I don't know what to say you all. Your words of encouragement and sympathy are very much appreciated and they have touched my heart. I am very lucky to have two absolutely wonderful men in my life. My Dad was not only one of my best friends he was my hero. The only regret that I have is that he never finished recording the story of his life. He told John and me so much of it. He was never with out some War story or fishing or hunting adventure to share. The picture of the B29 is touching thank you. He loved that plane

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
You should be proud to have had such a great man in your lives. I'm sure he's looking down with a smile on his face................sunshine shining from above on his daughter & son inlaw........................My thoughts are with your families............Tom

Hutchman

Site Supporter
John and Jannelle, so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with your family. Sounds like a fine man has gone to his reward. You can take solace in the fact that he was a great man who raised a fine family and left a wonderful legacy. Hutch

AndyM

Charter Member
John and Janelle,
I'm sorry for your loss. I know very well much of what your going through right now. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.

John, let's get together for lunch again when we get time.

Andy

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
John...... Jan.... Life is unpredictable and the best part of life is not knowing when we are going to pass into that next step in eternity. Lucky for you both that you had the love and many years of happiness with your dad and father in law. Many never get to know their parents as well as you both did. I am certain that the stories that he told you will help to keep his memory alive in your minds and hearts. Please remember that a funeral is a solemn time, but also a time of remembrance and celebration of the life that it represents. Peace be with you both and may your deceased relatives live in the House of the Lord in harmony. We are all just visitors on this planet on the way to a better place... Junk....

Farmwithjunk

Sounds like the sort of person we'd all miss if we knew him. Sorry for the loss. Prayers for the entire family go out from here.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
A very heart felt thanks to each of You that have responded to this post .
The kind thoughts that You all have expressed have gone a long way to ease mine ,and Jan's sense of loss . You have no idea How much I appreciate It .
John

AFFitness13

Thank you every one for the touching words. It is so hard being here and not being able to be there for my family rips my heart apart.