• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Has this been discussed yet?

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
A bit when it came out. have not seen much since then. $85K US is still a lot of money. and purely from my point of view, they would have been better off designing top down, not relying on a body style. If you wanted to keep the body, they should have kept the wheel (yoke) with right-left forwards back speed as a function of the wheel making it x-y axis . Don't see the ROPS which OSHA wants for commercial equipment (nevermind the futility of it) or a designed cage structure. Kudos for attempting to make an affordable snow machine though.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, as Cidertom noted, when this company started up there was a bit of talk here. Mostly speculation. It will be interesting to see if they actually start real production.

I'm still curious why they chose to duplicate the "small wheel" track variation instead of the newer "large wheel" 3 belt variant, which was generally considered to be an improved version.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
myself and a handful of folks that have owned both ( big and small ) wheel varieties prefer the small wheels and two bands. ( loafer of a couch and a unique rifle cartridge....... even a shop teacher.....
why
big wheels detrack
have never detracked a small wheel
my small wheels ride smoother
don upgraded to a big wheel as his terrain warranted it,
cons:
the small wheels take a pounding in the contact spot. ( thus the brass wheel)
but they turn a lot tighter in more varied terrain so

$.02

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
And yet I've never detracked, it even stayed put when I lost the tires off the rear. I do think the two band is more forgiving of track tension than the 3 , and after driving 2 bands a couple of times, I can't say they are any smoother. Personal preference.